Super short "overnight" flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super short "overnight" flight

I'm scheduled to fly from bright sunny Florida at around 12:45pm, fly through the pitch black night and arrive in bright daylight in Chicago about 3 hours later on a certain day in August.
    Sweet!
    moving quickly in air

Originally posted by orangehuggy View Post
    I'm scheduled to fly from bright sunny Florida at around 12:45pm, fly through the pitch black night and arrive in bright daylight in Chicago about 3 hours later on a certain day in August.
    Sweet!
    What? I don't get it.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      What? I don't get it.
      Astronomical geometry...
      moving quickly in air

Comment

What? I don't get it.
        Bonnie Tyler?
        moving quickly in air

Comment

Do you need a hero?

I mean...

Is your flight in 22 days? And are you sure the sync will be right to be, at some point, at the same place and the same time? (yes, the trajectories do cross, but that is not enough to guarantee a collision with "the shadows").

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Do you need a hero?

I mean...

Is your flight in 22 days? And are you sure the sync will be right to be, at some point, at the same place and the same time? (yes, the trajectories do cross, but that is not enough to guarantee a collision with "the shadows").
            I think I did the math correctly, total...of the heart
            moving quickly in air

Comment

That would be something unique. Take your camera and get a (but not any) window seat!!!

Comment

Remember not to look directly at the sun. How does looking through camera mirrors protect us? As I won't be in North America that "night" I'm not going to have the risk but I think that people on the forum will have some wisdom to share on this issue.

Avoid brightness in the eye.

Bonnie Tyler - Total Eclipse of the Heart (Turn Around) (Official Video)Stream Bonnie Tyler here: https://bonnietyler.lnk.to/Streaming Subscribe to the Bonni...
                --
                David dubya Wilson

Comment

Be careful not to crash with the shadow chasers.
                  A team of NASA-funded scientists, led by Amir Caspi of the Southwest Research Institute (SwRI) in Boulder, Colorado, will chase the moon’s shadow in two retrofitted Martin WB-57 high-altitude jets. For most everyone able to experience the eclipse it will last about two minutes, but for Caspi’s team it will last upwards of seven. “These … Continued

Comment

What? I don't get it.
                    Probably he tried to point out that Florida is a region where scheduled commercial flights also take place after midnight. But hey, he needs entries for his post counter (?). I wish you a nice dinner.
                    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Sorry to nuke the secret I-know-that-you-know-that-I-know, code-language banter here, but on a related note:

I do have one worry, 737 windows are kind of nasty and you don't really have THAT much range of vision...what if you are on the wrong side of the plane?

Plus, this sounds like it could get messy unless they have some way to put eclipse geeks in the windows and I don't care, I just want to get to my destination folks in other seats (something SWA doesn't really 'do')
                      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                        Sorry to nuke the secret I-know-that-you-know-that-I-know, code-language banter here
                        Does anybody other than LH-B744 does NOT know what you know that I know that orangehuggy knows that you and me know?

Comment

seems to me that at 12:45 that certain something would be almost overhead, so not sure one would get a good view on either side of the plane.

bonnie tyler...ha ha ha

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                            seems to me that at 12:45 that certain something would be almost overhead, so not sure one would get a good view on either side of the plane.
                            It's a heartache .
                            "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

So???????

Comment

Working...
                              X