Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Heart Mad Dogs

Fast track to captain?

Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Here, here!!!
    (This is the only plane for which I ever paid to buy an advanced add-on model for MSFS that had a good replication of the systems, performance and handling quality. http://www.flythemaddog.com/)

“The good side of M-88 is that there is such HATE for it
    I can't frigging believe it!!!

I can imagine many pilots that have a real love and passion for the art of flying a plane that would prefer this classic over an A-320. I can't believe that they are struggling to find pilots that want to be promoted to captain in that plane. Sweetest plane out there... my favorite.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      I can imagine many pilots that have a real love and passion for the art of flying a plane that would prefer this classic over an A-320. I can't believe that they are struggling to find pilots that want to be promoted to captain in that plane. Sweetest plane out there... my favorite.
      It's your favorite because you don't have to work on/with it every day. It would take a serious kind of masochist to actually prefer the Mad Dog over a 'Bus. It's not just an airplane, it's a workplace, and as a workplace there is no comparison here. Think Mojave desert vs The Garden of Eden.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post
        It's your favorite because you don't have to work on/with it every day. It would take a serious kind of masochist to actually prefer the Mad Dog over a 'Bus. It's not just an airplane, it's a workplace, and as a workplace there is no comparison here. Think Mojave desert vs The Garden of Eden.
        Good point. By the way, not exactly the Mojave desert, but I live in the desert: El Paso.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Per ATL's comment, I sat in a DC-9 cockpit at a museum. The 'personal space' was rather reminiscent of a Cessna 150...the nose crimps in on your feet and the seat between the wall and center pedistal was not overly wide.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

On the other hand......

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
              On the other hand......
              Please do take a look at the wall behind him and the panel a few inches in front of his knees (Mr. 6 ft 6).

You can take ATL's comments in many ways. No doubt, the airbus cockpit was designed with LOTS of ergonomic considerations that didn't exist when the DC-9-15 cockpit was designed...And it's a 6-wide fuselage...I'm sure there's huge differences in comfort.

Now, the implications of that versus your pay check versus whether you are making 2 hour Mad-Dog flights 5 hour flights and 14 hours/day in the '150-like wrap around environment' and the chance to advance to captain...

Probably not a black and white issue, but surprised that guys would NOT jump at the $ or advancement benefits to cram yourself into a narrow body...except for your and your tall frame, of course.

Comment

Working...
              X