, SP, 200, 300
    Ansett - 300, 400

FIJI

Air Pacific / Fiji Airways - 200, 400

GUAM

Continental - 200

NEW ZEALAND

Air New Zealand - 200, 400
    Qantas today operates 6 B747-400ER (Extended Range) and 4 QF-B744. So, this is not rubbish, QF said that they like to fly the Boeing 747 at least until the year 2020.
    But in my eyes, and for 2018, it's a lie again, see Air India (!).

Evidence? Yes, and I love it.
    Qantas B744ER at Kingsford Smith, April 2018.
    LH and the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955. A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.
    LH is member in the 747 club since April 1970. Jubilees do count, believe me.
    Aviation enthusiast since more than 30 years.

Comment

I know LUNN since a very long time, he's here longer than me. And I wouldn't bother about his lists. But he shouldn't have started this topic. It's rather irrelevant, as Air India has never mentioned a year when they do no longer love to fly the AI-B744!

And the list is incomplete. For such a long list, I would have expected at least a year for each and every airline, when e.g. a Qantas Boeing 747 still is in service. QF said, and I very much love that decision, that they'll fly their 747-400s (B744) until the golden 747 jubilee. Together with 1 rather unimportant European airline...

Another entry from the list. Air New Zealand. This entry also lacks details.
      Air New Zealand, member of the 747 club between 1981 (type NZ 747-200) and 2014 (NZ 747-400).

It's always sad to see club members go. But at least one airline from down under will stay with "us" until the golden jubilee..
      LH and the Hamburg - Düsseldorf - Shannon - NYC route, open since June 1st, 1955. A/C type: Lockheed Super Constellation.

Comment

I didn't want to go into trivial info like dates and exact versions.

Comment

Update;

Aerotrans - Moldova, has 747-400CF as well.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

And the list is incomplete
            Feel free to add your own information, corrections etc. I said in a post somewhere above.

Comment

Update;

Kuwait Airways is still an active 747-400 operator, so highlighted.

Comment

Update:

Qatar gov has sold its 747SP to a US leasing firm CSDA Aircraft.

Comment

Added;

Norwegian - temporary lease 747-400
                  KLM - 747-200SUDF

Comment

I assumed that this platform will explode if one of us has become 40. But nothing has happened so far...

But now I have one entry which definitely belongs to the list "Current 747 operators". And I indeed hope that the result stays "nothing has happened so far"! We all know the
                    Giro D'Italia. In the year 2018, the 2nd day of the Giro ended in which beautiful town?

You need help? Afaik, my avatar, the LH-B744 a couple of years ago had this town as a destination. Today, rather two daily A321 jets are flown, than 1 LH-B744. Now the answer is near. Our friends at LLBG Intl airport. They also operate the 747 until today? - Obviously: LY-B744.

PS: What I thought never would be possible... LLBG is open for jets who take off in Istanbul? But LY has not decided to go to Turkey, afaik. But that's almost a miracle in my eyes. The highest political circles always see problems, which in reality/in aviation do not exist?!

Probably, I see things through rose-colored glasses, but airports like LLBG who regularly welcome "the Pope airline" from Fiumicino can't really be a problem..

Comment

Update;

Emirates ended 747-400F service in December 2017.

Comment

Added;

Sky Lease - USA, which took over the 747-400F from defunct subsidiary Centurion Air, latter unhighlighted.

Comment

Update;

Med View - Nigeria, ended 747-400 ops some months back, they had also operated a 747-300 a couple of years ago.

Comment

Added;

Turkish gov - has a 747-8 BBJ, former VQ-BSK of Qatar Amiri.

Comment

Added;

Geo-Sky - Georgia, who operate two 747-200F.

Update;

Royal Maroc - ended 747 ops.

Comment

Added;

Okada Air - Nigeria, defunct operator of 747-100
                                Air Georgia - with 747-200F

Comment

Working...
                                X