List of current and former 747 operators

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha.

I do not know, who added this date to the German wikipedia /Qantas Airways (!), but this is a beginning:
    Die erste Boeing 747 wurde am 30. Juli 1971 geliefert; der Typ wurde auf den meisten Strecken nach Europa, Afrika und dem amerikanischen Festland geflogen.
    Inauguration of the first Qantas 747: July 30th 1971. So. If this is true, then I like to say 49 years.

Qantas missed the 49 years only by a week? Well. Again, what a farewell, after 49 years (minus one week).

Qantas. Afaik, the one and only airline on this planet who took off with the a/c type Boeing 747-400ER:
    https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/9796369 [OEJ in Sydney, July 2020].
    >> On this one, I've read one or two comments, who other photographers wrote on the main page: 'Perfect timing', and I like to second that. And there is no need to be shocked. That's what happens if an a/c type is within one airline for 49 years. There is a 747 fleet chief, and at least one 747 check captain, more than one very experienced 747 Flight Captain, (from which airline might I know that from ...) And then, photos like this just happen, I never worried, not in the first second when I saw that photo for the first time.
    But one question also stayed in my mind. How did they do it.

With two Qantas 747, on two slightly different Flight Levels, and the upper one has the 1L door open for the photographer? It really almost seems like that.

https://www.jetphotos.com/photo/6732690 [OEJ 'Wunala' at Rhein/Main, May 2009]

We will never again find photo occasions like these. Because the a/c type QF-B744ER simply does no longer exist.

So, that's what jetphotos is good for. Brilliant photos, for aviation history.
    Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-07-31, 01:49. Reason: Two Qantas 747 on two slightly different Flight Levels?
    That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Working...
    X