No announcement yet.

Lufthansa new livery, your opinion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I mostly dislike the tail flowing onto fuselage look, so many second and third rate airlines have or had worn this style especially in South America.

Comment

Originally posted by LUNN View Post
      I mostly dislike the tail flowing onto fuselage look, so many second and third rate airlines have or had worn this style especially in South America.
      Personally, I like the tail flowing into the fuselage...

Which second- and third-rate airlines are you thinking about? Qantas? Latam? Garuda? Asiana? Avianca? Hawaiian? Iberia? Southwest? American Airlines? Seems like everybody does it these days...
      Last edited by Peter Kesternich; 2018-02-18, 11:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter Kesternich View Post

Which second- and third-rate airlines are you thinking about? Qantas? Latam? Garuda? Asiana? Avianca? Hawaiian? Iberia? Southwest? American Airlines? Seems like everybody does it these days...
        It was more popular with relatively unknown airlines before the big names jumped onto it, Qantas and UTA were the only famous ones that wore it back then.

Comment

Good evening, you... senior. Yes. Experienced aviation enthusiasts sometimes have almost the same thoughts, isn't that scaring?

'The tailfin color flowing over...' - hm, in German we call that 'Bürzel', don't we, compared to a duck - but we all know what LUNN is talking about. And Qantas was also my very first idea.
          So. Is Lufthansa really a copy of Qantas, only with different colors, and a different animal (the LH crane instead of the QF kangaroo)?!

I don't think so. And you like it?

Btw. As I announced a couple of days ago, I'll start shakin my head like that when I find the first jetphoto of my beloved Victor Papa (Randazzo's finest simulator) in the new bland design. But until today, the only thing which I've found is this one:

'My Victor Papa', as I fly it until today.

Monochrome has never been a good color for Germany, not since 1933 (brown). See also my signature.
          Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-25, 00:04. Reason: Almost.
          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

third-rate airlines are you thinking about? Qantas?
            Wow. Sometimes Cologne, and I know that Kesternich is not EDDK, but..., sometimes Cologne is really mean and in my eyes,

people who only have eyes for 1 single airport, and I don't wanna come back to that monochrome topic, do not own enough information!

You only use statistics which you've ordered (and paid), right?

Now let me tell you what I know about Qantas.
            Founded in November 1920, a year when Queen Elizabeth II was not yet born.

Thus, with only 1 exception, the oldest intercontinental airline which I know. And in February 2018, Qantas is one of only... three airlines worldwide (?), who since 1971 operate the Boeing 747. To be continued.

Nothin to complain about QF. And this is not for the eyes of AJ only. August 2017? I've definitely not been present here then. But nevertheless, dear greetings.

PS: The soccer statistic (Erste Bundesliga) seems to be true for Cologne. But that by far is not a reason to be unfair with an international topic like Qantas. 1948? That's the year when Qantas celebrated their 28th jubilee! If you know what I'm aiming at...

So, Kesternich, be better informed next time, and show some respect to aviation pioneers like Qantas. If you can.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2018-02-25, 01:36. Reason: August 2017

Comment

To tell the truth ! I do not like it so much there is so much beautiful way to redo a new color. A chance that this little changed a color? If I rate 10 out of 10 but 3 out of 10!

thank you
              I LOVER BOEING 777 and ALL BOEING

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                So, Kesternich, be better informed next time, and show some respect to aviation pioneers like Qantas. If you can.
                He was joking, naming reputable airlines using this design. Like if someone said "many second and third rate car manufacturers use big front grills" and I asked "like Rolls-Royce?" .
                "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Dear LH-B744,
                  Please read my posts thoroughly and don't quote out of context. My post read:

(...) Which second- and third-rate airlines are you thinking about? Qantas? Latam? Garuda? Asiana? Avianca? Hawaiian? Iberia? Southwest? American Airlines? Seems like everybody does it these days...
                  ... and the list of airlines alone, but at the very least the winking smilie, should have told you that I was being ironic. So I'd kindly ask you to be more respectful of your fellow forum members, by reading (and quoting) their posts as they were meant, and if you have doubts or are uncertain about what has been said or meant, there is always the possibility of sending a private message or an email, before telling somebody to
                  be better informed next time, and show some respect to aviation pioneers like Qantas. If you can.

Comment

A newer version is in the making, LH not happy with blackish blue and bland front look, logo maybe linked with title.

Comment

Originally posted by CSTT-EDDF View Post
                      To tell the truth ! I do not like it so much there is so much beautiful way to redo a new color. A chance that this little changed a color? If I rate 10 out of 10 but 3 out of 10!

thank you
                      Hey CSTT. Last time we met here it was in the simulator section, right? Probably I should tell you an open secret. Only men who don't really love this platform own 48 forum entries since 2010.

Do you know that between your join date and my join date there are less than 36 months?!

But what you say is important. You don't like it either. And what should I say... I know a German source which seconds what you've just written:

Lufthansa is not happy with the mark III LH 747 design (German source)

Since the beginning of the new year I still wonder who ordered such a monochrome design, as if somebody took an almost black paintbrush and hit the tailfin of a LH B747. The rest is white (!), or as I call it, without color.

Thus, at my home airport, and after what you've just written, also beyond that, not all aviation enthusiasts second monochrome colors for a LH-B744. And also officially, somebody in the LH company does not quite like the mark III LH 747 design?!

Since this topic has been opened (definitely not by me), I try to find one internet source on topic which contains the word Lufthansa in the server name...
                      I'll try it again this evening.

And I'll let you know the result, here.

Comment

If you need a first translation for the Rheinische Post article:

"Blue is not blue enough. After serious discussions, Lufthansa begins to again alter the mark III LH B747 design, which, in its original version is only a few weeks old."
                        - Taken from Rheinische Post (RP) Düsseldorf, February 26th 2018.

Thus, the really hot answer would be, who originally ordered the mark III design?

I second what Kesternich said. Nobody expected such a bold change!

Comment

Damn, I finally found the original LH source. Here the inventor of the mark III LH 747 design is speaking.

http://magazin.lufthansa.com/de/de/aviation/im-neuen-kleid/

Executive Graphic designer for the mark III LH 747 design is Ronald Wild, age 43. The questions are very good, almost as I would've written that interview:

The LH crane is a real classic on all LH 747 tailfins, since 1970. Why do we need a new design?
                          - "Seit 30 Jahren haben wir Logo, Schrift und Farben nicht mehr verändert, jetzt führen wir die losen Enden wieder zusammen."

Since 30 years? I don't know if Mr Wild thinks of the very first B744 for LH. The Boeing 747-400 was invented by Chief Engineer Joe Sutter, back in 1989.
                          And I know a source, which says that the first LH-B744 was inaugurated in the year 1991.

That definitely includes the idea that the mark II LH 747 design (see my avatar) was also finally used
                          for one or two a/c of the LH-B742 fleet (1971-2004),
                          if we ask Mr Wild.

I should ask the jetphotos database to answer that question.

So, Mr Wild tried to alter a design, which is successful since 47 years. And he was so convinced of his design, so that Carsten Spohr bought it without the answer of... yes, which people are in the background of the RP EDDL article?
                          - Probably one or two LH B747 pilots.

Plus me. Plus CSST. Plus LUNN. Plus... the crowd who is behind that Rheinische Post article.

Mr Wild must've been VERY convincing, so that mark III was accepted without a single opinion of people who really work in these birds (?!).

But now?

Comment

I think the existing and retro looked "THE BEST" on the LH airplanes compared to the new one. The new one is very neutral. Rather did not meet the expectations.

Comment

Have to agree, not LH's best move. But I think that's been established by now (albeit there are many others who absolutely love the new livery). At any rate, curious to see what changes are coming to "LH New Livery 2.0".

Comment

Originally posted by Foxtrot View Post
                                Have to agree, not LH's best move. But I think that's been established by now (albeit there are many others who absolutely love the new livery). At any rate, curious to see what changes are coming to "LH New Livery 2.0".
                                Wow. Now I know what a real jetphotos "Senior" looks like. Almost 15 years, and you don't feel ill or bored after such a long time?

Back on topic. I am also always curious what they do with my avatar. And what should I say.. There is almost an evidence that since that jetphoto (December 2017), not so very much (or nothing?) has been changed in the appearance of my avatar... !

LH-B744 - and not so very much has changed.

PS: That seems to be true for Victor Papa, Victor Romeo, Victor Sierra, Victor Tango, ... et cetera .

Comment

Working...
                                X