Southwest Construction Update at KISP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Southwest Construction Update at KISP

Southwest Airlines was just given final approval by the Town of Islip to start construction on their new terminal at Islip McArthur Airport. According to town officials the project will take a year to complete and Southwest can break ground immediately. Southwest already cleared the 15 acres of land needed for the project. Upon completion the new terminal will give Southwest over 10 gates, new retail space, new ticket counter space, and a new long term parking lot. Southwest said the new terminal would allow them to add over 70 flights a day in and out of Islip.

I spent a year flying out of ISP for American Flyers so after reading the news about Continental I am wondering where will they put a new terminal? My guess would be on the East edge of the field. To the North has less buildup but the LIRR would probably be in the way. I suppose they could put it where the GAT building is on the South edge but that would likely mean moving the tower too. Maybe they are planning on filling in Lake Ronkonkoma, now that would be a job!

Comment

The new terminal is going to be connected to the existing terminal on the right hand side near the woods. The new parking lot should be a great place to spot since it's being built right in front of runway 24.

Comment

Working...
      X