• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IL-76 spoted in rionegro

was up whit that IL-76 in rionegro ?
    DM

Do you mean Rionegro? City code RGI

Comment

SKRG , is there another Rionegro in the world ?
      DM

Comment

Sorry, looks like I spelt it wrong. I had put an "A" instead of an "I" and got Rangiroa - RGI.

Comment

Rionegro:
          SKRG/MDE. It has a VOR called RNG (115.10, aligned with RWY 36 some 10 miles out).

It's a mid sized city (some 100.000 habs) that is located some 25 miles out ot Medellín (Colombia's second biggest city, almost 3 million habs) and that holds its International airport (as Vantaa holds Helsinki airport for example).

Now, About the IL-76:
          It was bought by Heliandes to bring a MI-17 from Russia and bring back another one from Colombia to Russia, thats the reason of that IL-76 being there, I saw personally and it's the second time I get to see a big Russian plane, the first one was an Ilyushin-62 at SKBO.

Comment

I remenber that in SKPE (matecaña) there was a YS 1.1 from a mexican cargo company , and spend a hole year in the airport because the police find drugs inside the plane .

beatifull plane , theres a lot of traffic in SKPE
            DM

Comment

I remenber that in SKPE (matecaña) there was a YS 1.1 from a mexican cargo company , and spend a hole year in the airport because the police find drugs inside the plane .

beatifull plane , theres a lot of traffic on SKPE
              DM

Comment

Originally posted by danimarroquin

beatifull plane , theres a lot of traffic on SKPE
                Are you from PEI???

If so, did you ever stayed all Sunday watching planes take off and land by the fence on the Airport/Zoo road???

I never did, but it was funny seeing others do so!!!

If someone did that, s/he'd be called "montañero(a)"...

A Colombian guy moved by the winds of fate to St. Louis, MO

Comment

Heeet I don't really care about that montañero thingy, me and my fellow co-entusiasts see airplanes by the fance at SKMD and SKRG and we're happy so. heehehe.

Comment

actually i did my flight school in PEI , i spend a lot of time in matecaña , and the top of the RWY 25 is a awsome spot to check the planes and some pictures .

I love you matecaña
                    DM

Comment

actually i did my flight school in PEI , i spend a lot of time in matecaña , and the top of the RWY 25 is a awsome spot to check the planes and some pictures .

I love you matecaña
                      DM

Comment

do any body knows if any 707 or 720 has land in PEI ?.
                        i know about a avianca 757 , coming from buenos aires to BOG and el dorado close for weater , then they try to approach to rio negro and then rionegro close so there last choise was CLO but they didn't have anougfht fuel so they land in PEI.
                        DM

Comment

The airport has capacity (almost exactly), but I don't remember any episode, it must have happened anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by danimarroquin
                            do any body knows if any 707 or 720 has land in PEI ?.
                            i know about a avianca 757 , coming from buenos aires to BOG and el dorado close for weater , then they try to approach to rio negro and then rionegro close so there last choise was CLO but they didn't have anougfht fuel so they land in PEI.
                            Yes, I believe it happened in 1999 and I was just few months away from starting Aviation school. I lived in Corales and I saw this Avianca 757 landing at Matecana. I never saw this type of plane landing in Pereira before. Later on, I commented this with my Flight Instructor and he confirmed the above (except that the flight was coming from Santiago de Chile). It was just EXPECTACULAR!. Ever since I hoped Avianca would consider the 757's in its route PEI-JFK-PEI (AV 047).

Comment

The last time danimarroquin was online was in 2005. It's a bit too late I'm afraid.

-Chris

Comment

Working...
                              X