Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oldest Airline with the oldest Air-Route ??!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oldest Airline with the oldest Air-Route ??!?

Tell Me guys,

What's the oldest Airline with the oldest Air-route and still operating under its own name ???

a little challenge for ya'll !
    I know one but im not sure if they are the oldest one ,, anyway ,,, give me your best shot !
    Inactive from May 1 2009.

The first ever commercial air route was on a Benoist Type XIV flying boat between Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida. The Boat held one pilot and one passenger and was operated by the Tampa-St. Petersburg Airboat Line.

United Virtual Airlines. The Best VA Out There.

Comment

what year did it happend ??? and do they still fly ?? and under its own name ??

Comment

The oldest airlines still operating under the original names are Avianca and KLM. I am not sure about Avianca but it would be logical that KLM would still be operating on one of its earliest routes.
        Next:
        None Planned

Comment

Completely correct ,,
          " KLM "
          was founded 7 october 1919 and "still" operating under it's own name. The first and now oldest air-route in the world was opened 17 may 1920, between amsterdam and london with a leased de havilland D.H 16 .....

and

"AVIANCA SOCIEDAD ALEMANA DE TRANSPORTES AEREOS"

is the oldest in the Americas,and has the oldest unbroken record of scheduled operations in the world.. the carrier was founded 5 december 1919 (SCADTA) , their operations started september 1921 with services between the capotal Bogota and the port of Barranguilla using junkers F13 seaplanes....

Comment

Oldest Airline with the oldest Air-Route ??!?

I'm pretty sure it must be KLM. Many of their first routes where flying to Southeast Asia, Jakarta I believe. Though those flights mad several stops, it was one flight, KLXXX, probably routing AMS-ZRH-IST-Teheran-BOM-Calcutta-BKK- Jakarta or something like that. Just my 2 cents.
            Too bad, wrong (and late) guess of mine.

Comment

Originally posted by OY-KBN
              Completely correct ,,
              OY-KBN: Do I get a prize for that?
              Next:
              None Planned

Comment

KLM is the oldest airline and operates the oldest route in the world: Amsterdam-London (the airport in London changed I think, the airport in Amsterdam did not making Schiphol the oldest airport with scheduled service in the world).

Comment

Working...
                X