Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United looking like Chap 11

Greetings:

It looks more and more that UAL is going to file for Chap 11 the first week of Dec. The latest news is that UAL is looking for 2 billion in DIP funding. If they do file and get the 2 billion in DIP funding it will be one of the largest bankruptcy loans ever given to a company. With UAL looking for loans from every which direction how do they plan on paying them off is my question? Their still well over a billion short from closing their funding gap.

At this point I wouldn't be suprised to see them sell off or shut down major parts of thier route structure and fleet and become a much smaller airline. I truly hope everything works out for them. We don't need almost 100,000 more people out of work.

Regards
    Tom

United looking like Chap 11

That's what happens when companies get too big... to many chiefs and not enough indians. Pity cause United has alot of great people at the bottom... alot of morons at the top.

The airline business is too risky. You need a CEO that values employees, focuses on a specific market, and controls costs like no tommorrow. jetBlue is a good example but they seem to be wanting to become a big airline and I think that will only hurt them. (e.g. acquiring satellite companies)

Best of luck to all the employees. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Comment

It's not the size of the company that results in a bad financial result, but the maneging of the company.
      Take for example to Lufthansa. They are making profit this year, and they are quite big.

Money is wasted very much in the aircraft industry, so you have to be very carefull where you put it and consider (and reconsider and reconsider..) if the money you put into a project, or a line, will be paid back, if possible with profit. Also look at what type of aircraft you take. I see lots and lots of carriers flying with jets on short routes. Jets may be faster, although it wouldn't be much on a short route, props are much cheaper and more efficiency, so that's another consideration that has to made. Another thing is to much bureaucration, which will result in bad communication and much money wasted on employees.

Comment

Lufthansa is just a money making machine. [img]images/smiles/icon_eek.gif[/img]

... because of the way they are managed. Right up their with Cathay and Singapore.

Comment

Hi all, News just in: United Airlines is to cut 9000 jobs in an effort to save $1.3bn. The employee's who will lose there jobs are ''non-union'' workers.

For More Information visit: http://news.ft.com/servlet/ContentSe...=1012571727108

Thanks

jmc_757-200 [img]heart.gif[/img] JMC

Enjoy Every Moment

Comment

Also heard tha they will retire 42 aircrafts and reorganize the routes used by the Boeing 777 and the Boeing 767.

Comment

I sure hope Delta doesnt go bankrupt!

Comment

I just hope NO OTHER AIRLINE goes bankrupt

Comment

quote:
                  Originally posted by DeltaSkyMetro:
                  I sure hope Delta doesnt go bankrupt!

ME TO!!!!

Delta is my second favorite time airline RIGHT behind Southwest Airline-I love there color schemes and olympic. But sorry for getting [img]offtopic1.gif[/img]

I think United will be able to come back alive, it will JUST BARELY scrape past the razors. I haven't heard how this affects United and their Star Alliance team??

Comment

Working...
                  X