No announcement yet.

pilots pay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERAU grads used to get a guaranteed spot with a major, but not anymore. I know a guy that went into ERAU to get that guaranteed spot, but when he finished, no spots were open, and he didn't want to go with a regional. He's now a fueler at the airport waiting for the right time.
    Work Right, Fly Hard.

Comment

PIAA310, not at all.
      Bite me Airways.....

Comment

Originally posted by N9103M
        Originally posted by assghanistan
        ERAU grads used to get a guaranteed spot with a major, but not anymore. I know a guy that went into ERAU to get that guaranteed spot, but when he finished, no spots were open, and he didn't want to go with a regional. He's now a fueler at the airport waiting for the right time.
        Garunteed spot at a Major?!

I know alot of Riddle grads, never herd anything like that. The only thing I have ever heard of is interns getting preferential treatment in the hiring process.

Nothing is garunteed in the aviation industry, ever.
        Yes N9103M, very true, NOTHING is ever GARANTEED in the aviation industry. Although some people might get lucky sometimes and get a job a year after graduation. The best way to get started is either start with a small company or airline or instructor, and build up your hours. Some one i know, flies for a medical company, he is trying to build up hours so he can apply for a job, right now i think he has about 1900 hours under his belt. He probably got more now, because its been about two months since i talked to him. He is going to apply for a job soon.[/b]
        ***My Blog***

Comment

PIA-

The road to getting a chance to apply for that "little airline" is where you pay your dues. Just learning the crap it takes to fly will send you for loops. Its not an easy road getting your ratings. I know people (Mazur) who are now CFI(I), MEI, have the works and they tell me it was HARDER THAN HELL to get to where they are today, and they still have a long road to getting hired!

Your best bet is to rough it through wherever you end up.. stick with it.. get your ratings and then, instead of renting multi's till you have 1500+ hours, get on with a local Charter company back home. I'm hopin that Falwell Charter will let me part-time with them flying Cessna414, Bonanza's, and King Airs when I am all set.. however long that takes

Best of luck at ERAU

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by GrantT
            And to answer your question Jeff it isn't very easy, especially with the many experienced pilots that are still unemployed because of 9/11 and SARS. Not forgetting the many other factors that effect getting that all important airline job.
            True indeed Grant. Fortune magazine says Southwest rejects employment applicants (Not just pilots) at a higher rate than Harvard.
            Follow me on Twitter! www.twitter.com/flyingphotog

Comment

Thanks DeltaASA16, How many hours does a person graduate with (from ERAU)? I heard that it was about 250+ hours. I am not planning on getting a job in the USA when i graduate. I am planning on going back to Pakistan and working for PIA or some other country, Abu Dubhai,Qatar,etc....... I think it would be easier to fly for PIA because they consider it to be good if you have a degree from a USA based College. I would have a greater chance of getting a job there than in the USA, if that doesn't work out i will come back and try my luck over here.

-PIAA310
              ***My Blog***

Comment

Working...
              X