hi guys,
    does anyone know what airline pilots get paid

i think pilots get paid in all airlines

but i dont know HOW MUCH they get paid at WHAT airline

Comment

I'm sure it's-

For a less qualified pilot= £50,000 a year

More advanced pilot= £70,000 a year

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just what I read.

Comment

Originally posted by G-DALE
        I'm sure it's-

For a less qualified pilot= £50,000 a year

More advanced pilot= £70,000 a year

Correct me if I'm wrong. It's just what I read.
        You really can't generalize anything like that. For example regional pilots when they're first starting out are making very very little. Flight instructors make barely enough to live on. People say that pilots are overpaid, but from what I've heard that might only be true for those who have "paid their dues" and are flying large aircraft close to their retirement.

Comment

Like I said 'screaming_emu, "it's only what I read".

Comment

My guess:

low: 40grand

high: 150grand

just (and JUST) a guess

Comment

OK, some get everything paid on from ab-initio to commercial ratings by being admitted to Lufthansa's and some other airlines' school BUT
              A Joe/JaneAverage Pilot usually
              *has often made big financial sacrifices in order to get his basic ratings
              *when a beginner lucky to be hired somewhere, is still making sacrifices by award concessions to employer
              *whichever his/her status, here/his career lays at the pityless odds of the every 6 months medical check, anytime !!!.
              So personally and as for any other person whose career can be suddently halted, I don't mind in how much he/she's paid, especially when he/she proves to act with sheer professionalism. Yet I hope they size the opportunity of salaries (if big) to allow themselves a good life after flyings. And yes I like reading of this AF 777 captain who also is graduated as an architect and keeps up to date his ratings as a merchant navy officer, just in case of.
              Regards
              Alain
              Thanks for visiting
              *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
              *JetPhotos*
              Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

At AC from $45,000 to start on a CRJ to around $325,000 for Capt on a B74E.

United, Delta and AA pay even more on the top end.

Comment

AF group (figures in Euros, consider the same in USD)
                  The beginner who flies with either Brit'Air or Regional
                  2 000 / 2 500 Euros-month, right seat
                  When upgrading to parent company
                  more or less 4 500 Euros, also right seater on a 735.
                  think that 15 000 / 20 000 Euros-month exist, again I don't blame, in this case this is your Captain (772/343/744).

Regards
                  Alain
                  Thanks for visiting
                  *Avimage's Monthly Slide list *
                  *JetPhotos*
                  Airliners*Pbase.com

Comment

What about a co-pilot on a widebody?

Comment

Delta pay - F/O's start at $54.00 per flight hour. Captains max out at $305.84 per flight hour for the 777.

Comment

Wow Air Canada pays pretty good. I know at NW 747-400 captains dont make that much. However I do know my dad makes over $100,000 a year for being a captain on the DC-9. I think he makes somewhere around $135,000 but he wont tell me exactly how much. All that he told me was he makes more in 1hr then I could make working a $6.50 full time in a week. Cant wait to get to that point

Comment

Pilots in the beginning start around $35,000, after some time they gain experience and their salary goes up, the most experienced pilots for big airlines get paid about $250,000(VERY, VERY, VERY, good pilots)
                          ***My Blog***

Comment

The owner of this domain has not yet uploaded their website.

Good site about employment and pay.

Comment

I agree.. if you start off in the commercial biz by taking the non-military route you TEND to start off on the smaller planes as you have less experience, discipline etc... So you're pay will be less. However, if you take the mIlitary route****. you get training and experience, and of course HOURS. ONly going by what I've been told from the USAF recruiter, that you have a better chance of starting off on a better plane, such as a 737/757 if you take a military route than starting off on a BEECH1900 or a CRJ. This of course means you get more money. Maybe not a significant amount, but more. . Now, I know a 777 captain for a Major US airline who says he makes $265,000 /year.

One smart route,which is what I am doing is the following

getting my PPL at American Flyers(10h to go!)
                              join the AFROTC
                              Go to a flight school (SIUC,dubuque*,ERAU etc..)
                              get hours there and become an instructor and be in the USAF due to the ROTC, double hours there!
                              JOin the USAF as a fully enlisted officer and be assigned to plane, get hours there.
                              When 20years is over, go commercial and join the big dogs.
                              Go into the reserves and get 2 salaries on one job..
                              Cheap? nah...

That's my plan anyone else who is training on going commercial? Love to hear others plans.

Comment

Working...
                              X