Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New web format

Sucks!

They didn't upgrade the old system for far too long and it seems it got hacked.

Comment

I wouldn't use quite such strong language, but I agree. This new format seems to waste a lot of space on the page.

Having said that, I do appreciate the time, effort, and presumably money someone is putting in to keep this place going. I think many of us remember another forum that had a similar event, with a different outcome.
      Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

The previous version of the forum was dependent on a lot of 3rd party plugins which did not work with version 5.X and above of vBulletin. Now we have made the upgrade we want to try to keep it as standard as possible so that it is much easier to upgrade and maintain in the future.

We understand that not everyone will be happy with the new format but hopefully it will be easier to maintain and keep the forum up to date in the future.

Comment

One thing: there is no longer any link to the main site from the forums pages. The logo really should have the link to take you there.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
            One thing: there is no longer any link to the main site from the forums pages. The logo really should have the link to take you there.
            This has now been fixed. Clicking on the logo now leads to the main site.

Comment

And here are the spammers again...
              Check the "The Briefing Room" forum. Where did the "report" button go?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                And here are the spammers again...
                Check the "The Briefing Room" forum. Where did the "report" button go?
                Disappointing that this is continuing. We will look into this a bit more and see if there is some anti spam plugin that we can use.

There should be a "Flag" button underneath each post. This will then generate a message to forum admins.

Comment

Thank you for getting it back up and running so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                    Sucks!
                    Okay, I've gotten used to it. Also the first couple of times was on my Android phone. On the laptop it's just fine.

Comment

Working...
                    X