KSFO ATC United Flight 5525 (Skywest) has LANDING GEAR trouble

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KSFO ATC United Flight 5525 (Skywest) has LANDING GEAR trouble

SAN FRANCISCO - United Flight 5525 (Skywest) - a Canadair Regional Jet CRJ-200 - took off from SFO at 4:45 p.m. on Saturday, 14 December 2019 and quickly ran into a problem. After circling over the Bay Area for nearly an hour, the jet safely landed at 5:43 p.m. with emergency vehicles lining the runway.

Listen to the ATC conversation here

Possibly due to a maintenance error. They replaced a tire just prior to the flight.

Is 'personnel on board' the new PC version of 'souls on board'?

Comment

Oh boy, a new ErezS.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        I'm not sure, but I heard that the term Souls on Board is no longer the correct ATC phraseology.

Comment

Souls on board doesn't work when Boeing execs are flying as they have no soul!!!

HAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by okgood View Post

I'm not sure, but I heard that the term Souls on Board is no longer the correct ATC phraseology.
            I haven't heard that.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
              Possibly due to a maintenance error. They replaced a tire just prior to the flight.

I had something similar happen on a CRJ-700. The nosewheel centering mechanism had been serviced the night before, but, apparently, something was omitted because the nosewheel did not center properly and thus failed to retract. We returned to CVG with no issues. Ended up taking another airplane, a CRJ-900, to DTW a few hours later.

Comment

Working...
              X