Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• okgood
    replied
    According to my source they evacuated using both the skybridge and the slides. So, depending on one's seat location, the nearest exit may have been either the skybridge or a slide.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post
    Apparently the plane was hooked up to the skybridge at the time. I'm wondering if they evac'd via the slides or just deployed them to have the doors open in order to rapidly ventilate the cabin. I think I would have happily jumped out at that point though.
    They actually evacuated though the slides and there was a serious injury as a result.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Apparently the plane was hooked up to the skybridge at the time. I'm wondering if they evac'd via the slides or just deployed them to have the doors open in order to rapidly ventilate the cabin. I think I would have happily jumped out at that point though.

Leave a comment:

• okgood
    started a topic Qantas 575 Evacuation Sydney ATC

Qantas 575 Evacuation Sydney ATC

Qantas Flight 575 was climbing out of Sydney on December 15, 2019 when the crew received indication of a hydraulic leak, stopped the climb at FL230, and returned to Sydney for a safe landing on runway 34L about 45 minutes after departure. The captain initiated an emergency evacuation via slides.

Listen to the ATC conversation here
Working...
X