Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EWR ATC Emergency - United 1871

See the ATC communications here

A United Boeing 757-200, registration N18112 performing flight UA-1871 from Newark,NJ (USA) to Los Angeles,CA (USA) with 168 passengers and 6 crew, was climbing out of Newark’s runway 22R when the crew stopped the climb at 2500 feet reporting engine (RB211) problems and requesting “vectors around here” further advising they had a compressor stall on the right hand engine. The crew subsequently advised they were running the checklists for single engine, the crew declared emergency. The aircraft landed safely back on Newark’s runway 22R about 37 minutes after departure.

Wow, thanks for sharing. SMH

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
      Wow, thanks for sharing. SMH
      Use the resources you have available

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

My comment is totally blue! Are we now going to get an announcement about every minor incident? Another non event. Perhaps we should post about every GM automobile that had one just on Wednesdays, and then BMW'S on Thursdays. That should fill a page or two

Comment

Interesting there was no discussion of fuel dumping here. When ATC offered them 4000, they opted to remain at 2,500 implying that, under the circumstances, they either couldn't or wouldn't climb above 3000ft. Too low for fuel-jettison. Yet, they requested vectors to allow time for CRM, so not an immediate emergency either.

Comment

I just saw a Porsche Cayenne pulled over with a flat tire on US1

Listen here for the FHP tape

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
              My comment is totally blue! Are we now going to get an announcement about every minor incident? Another non event. Perhaps we should post about every GM automobile that had one just on Wednesdays, and then BMW'S on Thursdays. That should fill a page or two
              My comment was just about the use of "SMH" instead of

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
                Interesting there was no discussion of fuel dumping here. When ATC offered them 4000, they opted to remain at 2,500 implying that, under the circumstances, they either couldn't or wouldn't climb above 3000ft. Too low for fuel-jettison. Yet, they requested vectors to allow time for CRM, so not an immediate emergency either.
                The 757 has no fuel dump capability.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

The 757 has no fuel dump capability.
                  Oh right. No mention of fuel burn then.

Comment

from what i've heard and felt, a 757 with the RR engines can climb just fine on a single engine. so i doubt the reason for staying at altitude was an inability to climb

Comment

Working...
                    X