Kobe Bryant Killed in Helicopter Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
    Evan, you know the movie 'Cast Away', released in December of the year 2000, I'm sure. You know how that movie begins? With a clock. I only know the German TV version of that movie.
    There the male main character (Tom Hanks) always says the words 'tik tak tik tak, Wir haben doch keine Zeit.'

We all know where that ends, don't we. All souls dead on board, except Tom Hanks. Who finds himself on a nameless island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean, with a volleyball as his only companion to talk to.

And now for something completely different. The Lufthansa CEO Flight Captain Mr Carsten Spohr once said something like 'Here at Lufthansa, we try our Best to not put more pressure on our jet pilots than there is every day. The stress level is high enough in aviation.' . And that's one reason why he is a LH CEO who is quite broadly accepted among pilots. Last but not least, he himself is a LH jet pilot. He knows what he's talking about.

Back to the movie. That happens to pilots when you tell them that you and the airline and the world does not have time. You get buried by Mr Tom Hanks.
    No answer? Afraid to admit that you are actually wrong about something on the 74 that you are a self proclaimed expert on? ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

No answer? Afraid to admit that you are actually wrong about something on the 74 that you are a self proclaimed expert on? ​​​
      Why is this of any importance? Most of the world thinks kilograms and you don’t need much IQ to convert. Tell me how many lbs of fuel you want and I’ll give it to you in kg, or even Slugs and Newton’s (with a few assumptions.)

Similar IQ can be used to guess that maximum braking = maximum risk of locking tires, reducing control and extending stopping distances.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Why is this of any importance? Most of the world thinks kilograms and you don’t need much IQ to convert. Tell me how many lbs of fuel you want and I’ll give it to you in kg, or even Slugs and Newton’s (with a few assumptions.)

Similar IQ can be used to guess that maximum braking = maximum risk of locking tires, reducing control and extending stopping distances.
        Why do you find it necessary to be such a pompous ass?

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
          Evan, you know the movie 'Cast Away', released in December of the year 2000, I'm sure. You know how that movie begins? With a clock. I only know the German TV version of that movie.
          There the male main character (Tom Hanks) always says the words 'tik tak tik tak, Wir haben doch keine Zeit.'

We all know where that ends, don't we. All souls dead on board, except Tom Hanks. Who finds himself on a nameless island in the middle of nowhere in the Pacific Ocean, with a volleyball as his only companion to talk to.

And now for something completely different. The Lufthansa CEO Flight Captain Mr Carsten Spohr once said something like 'Here at Lufthansa, we try our Best to not put more pressure on our jet pilots than there is every day. The stress level is high enough in aviation.' . And that's one reason why he is a LH CEO who is quite broadly accepted among pilots. Last but not least, he himself is a LH jet pilot. He knows what he's talking about.

Back to the movie. That happens to pilots when you tell them that you and the airline and the world does not have time. You get buried by Mr Tom Hanks.
          I'm still waiting for the final report on what happened to the plane in that film. Plot convenience is my best guess.

I'm referring to the VIP factor, which can compel pilots to take chances (see: Polish 101)

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

I'm still waiting for the final report on what happened to the [Fed Ex Cargo plane] in [castaway].
            I do not think they have recovered the black box, and from the cockpit video recorder (which somehow we have recovered), I believe the pilots executed things to the utmost of professionalism and procedure, and hit an extreme wind gust and/or lighting bolt that rendered the aircraft unable to maintain flight.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

I do not think they have recovered the black box, and from the cockpit video recorder (which somehow we have recovered), I believe the pilots executed things to the utmost of professionalism and procedure, and hit an extreme wind gust and/or lighting bolt that rendered the aircraft unable to maintain flight.
              I'm going with meteor on that one. Maybe volleyball.

Comment

Working...
              X