Forklift driver arrested for pointing a laser at aircraft landing at SRQ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forklift driver arrested for pointing a laser at aircraft landing at SRQ

"Charlie James Chapman Jr., 41, is also accused of pointing a laser at a Martin County Sheriff's Office helicopter responding to the incident"

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/26/us/fl...rnd/index.html

A real rocket scientist, that one...
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Tazed him? Having been lasered twice on approach, I hope they beat the s**t out of him!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        Tazed him? Having been lasered twice on approach, I hope they beat the s**t out of him!
        A video released by the Manatee Sheriff's Office shows a man pointing a laser at an aircraft and he is later seen attempting to throw objects at the same aircraft.
        Clearly, the guy is mentally disturbed. I'm glad we don't beat the s**t out of people for that anymore.
        If you want to beat the s**t out of the compos mentis s**theads who have flooded the market with these lasers, putting them into the hands of the deranged, be my guest.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

Clearly, the guy is mentally disturbed. I'm glad we don't beat the s**t out of people for that anymore.
          If you want to beat the s**t out of the non compos mentis s**theads who have flooded the market with these lasers, putting them into the hands of the deranged, be my guest.
          fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

If you want to beat the s**t out of the compos mentis s**theads who have flooded the market with these lasers, putting them into the hands of the deranged, be my guest.
            I think a little light tazing might be good for you Evan!

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

fixed
              Seconded.

Comment

https://www.avweb.com/aviation-news/...-with-a-laser/

Comment

Originally posted by davidcarp
                  Could the laser have interfered much with the sheriff's flight? Maybe the forklift driver accidentally did it, now he gets jail time because of an accident? That seems like nonsense to me. I worked on a forklift for a long time. But every time companies used and for a good reason. When you rent a forklift, you get the most modern, fully insured against incidents. Because I worked on a forklift for a long time, I have solidarity with other drivers. I hope he gets acquitted.
                  Are you related to a certain German member here?

Comment

Are you related to a certain German member here?
                    I have reported this post for its embedded spam advertising.

If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
                      I have reported this post for its embedded spam advertising.
                      Embedded spam which survived the removal of the post. It remains there in BB's quote.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Embedded spam which survived the removal of the post. It remains there in BB's quote.
                        Not anymore!

Comment

Not anymore!

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Thread hijack for a somewhat related topic:

Ok...there's taking a laser pointer, aiming at a cockpit and following the airplane...not the best thing a person can do.

That being said, "laser" Christmas lights (that shoot pretty little dots at walls) are now very popular... And, from the ground to my garage, some of those laser beams might shoot over the roof and up to some downwind leg of some airport.

Have those Christmas lights been the subject of pilot complaints yet?

It's not apples to apples, they shouldn't "follow" a plane (except for random circumstance), and they must be a little weaker as folks walk in front of them on a daily basis.

Conversely, if a neighborhood was full of these lights and located on the later final approach course, it might kind of suck to be landing through them.

Key point: Have those laser Christmas lights been the subject of pilot complaints yet?
                            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                            X