Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Airline bans overweight passengers from first/business clas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Airline bans overweight passengers from first/business clas.

I started a post on airline seat belt airbags then deleted.
    Last edited by Highkeas; 2020-01-28, 05:23. Reason: Posted prematurely so I deleted post - sorry.

Oh this is good. Airlining to work I'm sitting in the emergency exit row when at the last minute this lady comes in the door and sits in the aisle seat. Now she is well over 300lbs. I look at her and then the emergency exit hatch, now way! They close the door and away we go. At cruise altitude I work my way out and approach the Flight Attendant. "If we have to use the emergency exit what are we going to do about her?". We'll ask her to help push everyone out !"

Comment

Well, I’ll repost for you. Thai Airlines recently threw a mother and her adult daughters out of their booked business class seats because they had a waist measurement greater than 56” and the seatbelts cannot have an extender fitted due to the airbag fitted to the belts. Whatever the issues are with these belts I feel that it is my duty to inform the world that if you start to discuss the matter with me and use the word fat in what I perceive to be a derogatory, insulting manner then an unusual side effect that includes a sudden epistaxis, difficulty breathing and difficult speaking due to a broken jaw and possible period of unconsciousness will occur.
      If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Originally posted by brianw999 View Post
        Well, I’ll repost for you. Thai Airlines recently threw a mother and her adult daughters out of their booked business class seats because they had a waist measurement greater than 56” and the seatbelts cannot have an extender fitted due to the airbag fitted to the belts. Whatever the issues are with these belts I feel that it is my duty to inform the world that if you start to discuss the matter with me and use the word fat in what I perceive to be a derogatory, insulting manner then an unusual side effect that includes a sudden epistaxis, difficulty breathing and difficult speaking due to a broken jaw and possible period of unconsciousness will occur.

Comment

Have fun in prison.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Have fun in prison.
            Hey, I’m a 70yr old disabled pensioner. I would probably not get jail time but if I did I would get 3 meals a day, watch TV without having to buy a licence, get my medical needs dealt with immediately, get free heating, hot water and electricity and use of a computer.
            Whats to lose ? At the moment I have to pay for all of those.

.....and I was being humorous with my original comment !

Actually, I’m thinking of buying my own extension belt. They only cost around £10.
            If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

the idea of having airbags on an airplane has always astounded me, especially since they are only in 1st/biz. seriously, wtf kind of accident are they so concerned about that airbags make sense? how much these bloody things cost is anyone's guess but it wouldn't surprise me if they were $20k per seat. oh and they're quite uncomfortable

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                the idea of having airbags on an airplane has always astounded me, especially since they are only in 1st/biz. seriously, wtf kind of accident are they so concerned about that airbags make sense? how much these bloody things cost is anyone's guess but it wouldn't surprise me if they were $20k per seat. oh and they're quite uncomfortable
                They are also in bulkhead seats in economy class. I don't know exactly the criteria but it is related to preventing head injury. It seems that having the back of the seat in front of you just inches away from your head acts a sort of protection.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Hey, I’m a 70yr old disabled pensioner. I would probably not get jail time but if I did I would get 3 meals a day, watch TV without having to buy a licence, get my medical needs dealt with immediately, get free heating, hot water and electricity and use of a computer.
                  Whats to lose ? At the moment I have to pay for all of those.

.....and I was being humorous with my original comment !

Actually, I’m thinking of buying my own extension belt. They only cost around £10.
                  Forgive me if I found no humor in violence being threatened against airline employees. Your own extension wouldn't help you in this case, they cannot be used in seats equipped with airbag belts.

Comment

I see that this is an interesting technical thread regarding a new type of seat belt.

But when I first read the title, I thought, "Oh the ironing"...There's the gripe that if you are overweight (or have too long of legs), you should pay up and sit where there is more room....

But, in classic, reverse logic- NO, you cannot...go back to the back and to hell with your inability to fit into the space minimized for a 180 lb person....

Well, it appears that this is indeed true...God forbid the aeroengineers (driven by greedy MBA's) again (deliberately) skip over a seemingly obvious need WRT big people and fancy seat belts.
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
                    X