Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sam Chui - Foreign objects found in 737-MAX fuel tanks - nooooooo! haha

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sam Chui - Foreign objects found in 737-MAX fuel tanks - nooooooo! haha

    Can this be true? New info? I have no idea!
    https://samchui.com/2020/02/19/forei...ax-fuel-tanks/


    Boeing has discovered foreign object debris in some 737 MAX fuel tanks, prompting inspections of the aircraft due to the potential safety hazard.
    CarolW
    Broom navigator

  • #2
    FWIW, corroborated by a bunch of other news sources.

    Perhaps it's time to consider replacing Boeing with a company that knows how to design and build aircraft?

    Kidding aside, I wonder if you did a close inspection on 100 random airliners that are currently in service, how many you'd find with more than zero foreign objects of any kind (I'm talking even grains of sand) in fuel tanks. I wonder if it's more common than those news reports imply.
    Be alert! America needs more lerts.

    Eric Law

    Comment


    • #3
      Stuff has been found in airplanes' fuel tanks during scheduled inspection. And that generally is big stuff like tools, because small stuff (small stones, pieces of tape or fabric, shavings, etc) end up going to and being found in the fuel filters.

      --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by elaw View Post
        FWIW, corroborated by a bunch of other news sources.

        Perhaps it's time to consider replacing Boeing with a company that knows how to design and build aircraft?
        Ha! What a thought!

        Originally posted by elaw;
        Kidding aside, I wonder if you did a close inspection on 100 random airliners that are currently in service, how many you'd find with more than zero foreign objects of any kind (I'm talking even grains of sand) in fuel tanks. I wonder if it's more common than those news reports imply.
        And there's a scary thought! Maybe a wing wiggle-waggle while listening for sliding objects would be in order in mid-flight.
        Send the first officer out onto the wings with a stethoscope; wiggle, waggle - perhaps a safety harness too. Wiggle waggle.

        Afterthought: Come to think of it, I might serve to inspect wing-sounds; like those fighter jets used for special inspections.

        Click image for larger version

Name:	escobatornillos07.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	1081648

        Loose screws and all.
        CarolW
        Broom navigator

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
          Stuff has been found in airplanes' fuel tanks during scheduled inspection. And that generally is big stuff like tools, because small stuff (small stones, pieces of tape or fabric, shavings, etc) end up going to and being found in the fuel filters.
          I'm glad the fuel is filtered!
          CarolW
          Broom navigator

          Comment

          Working...
          X