Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Too quiet -- How was this landing folks? Today in Quebec

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Too quiet -- How was this landing folks? Today in Quebec

    http://www.freshdaily.ca/news/2020/0...ighway-canada/

  • #2
    Good thing the highway was not any busier and there was reasonable separation!
    My latest YouTube video here at The Flight Level
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HfgYm-jI1oE

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Doering View Post
      Good thing the highway was not any busier and there was reasonable separation!
      Observing safety rules for Corvid-20. Don't want to hurt any corvids.

      CarolW
      Broom navigator

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by CarolW View Post

        Observing safety rules for Corvid-20. Don't want to hurt any corvids.
        LH, she's all yours!

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by CarolW View Post

          Observing safety rules for Corvid-20. Don't want to hurt any corvids.
          Au Contraire. If its anything like a bat they don't get any safety from me.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by KGEG View Post

            Au Contraire. If its anything like a bat they don't get any safety from me.
            Not like bats; they are crows and ravens; highly intelligent, and can be friends to humans.
            CarolW
            Broom navigator

            Comment


            • #7
              I love how everybody just continues with their journey like it was a normal thing.
              Hm. Do we know the aircraft type? I mean, I love Canadian websites, there are not so many websites which I open prior to a deep research about the website owner.
              Thus, I've just telephoned that website. And that photo, well, I'd say that photo is only good for a section which we had had here in this forum 7 years or 10 years ago:
              'Guess the airport' .

              In this case, the topic should be slightly altered to 'Guess the aircraft type'. Or guess both, the airport and the a/c type.

              The airport... Canada Highway # 40, just South of Quebec Intl Airport .

              The aircraft? Single engined piston propeller. A Mooney M20M Bravo?

              After all, the Canadians really seem to be very relaxed when it comes to aviation on a Canadian highway. That's why I like Canada. We all have to relax. That's the only way how passengers will find their way back to our passenger jets.

              PS: Have I ever mentioned one thing which definitely became clear for me last Sunday? I am 42 years old now, so, for the rest of my life I'll stay with aviation (!) .
              Last edited by LH-B744; 2020-04-22, 22:41. Reason: Aviation enthusiast since 35 years (or more). That's not long enough. Aviation. I'm not good for something else!
              That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
              The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
              And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
              Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

                Hm. Do we know the aircraft type? I mean, I love Canadian websites, there are not so many websites which I open prior to a deep research about the website owner.
                Thus, I've just telephoned that website. And that photo, well, I'd say that photo is only good for a section which we had had here in this forum 7 years or 10 years ago:
                'Guess the airport' .

                In this case, the topic should be slightly altered to 'Guess the aircraft type'. Or guess both, the airport and the a/c type.

                The airport... Canada Highway # 40, just South of Quebec Intl Airport .

                The aircraft? Single engined piston propeller. A Mooney M20M Bravo?

                After all, the Canadians really seem to be very relaxed when it comes to aviation on a Canadian highway. That's why I like Canada. We all have to relax. That's the only way how passengers will find their way back to our passenger jets.

                PS: Have I ever mentioned one thing which definitely became clear for me last Sunday? I am 42 years old now, so, for the rest of my life I'll stay with aviation (!) .
                WHAT? Just wondering, was the fuel measured in KILOGRAMS on that Mooney?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                  WHAT? Just wondering, was the fuel measured in KILOGRAMS on that Mooney?
                  That's all you got isn't it?...That I guy who lives in a country where kilograms are the predominate weight unit, MIGHT THINK in kilograms.

                  Is that any different than THINKING that anti-skid brake systems would be switched off for the most important of all braking situations?

                  By the way...multiply by kilograms by 2.2 and you get pounds...that is if you can handle advanced math.

                  One other bit of fun trivia- I learned to fly in a 'Canadian' 172 where the BIG numbers on the ASI were MPH, but later flew ones that had knots and I didn't died. HOW DARE they mix units!
                  Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by 3WE View Post

                    That's all you got isn't it?...That I guy who lives in a country where kilograms are the predominate weight unit, MIGHT THINK in kilograms.

                    Is that any different than THINKING that anti-skid brake systems would be switched off for the most important of all braking situations?

                    By the way...multiply by kilograms by 2.2 and you get pounds...that is if you can handle advanced math.

                    One other bit of fun trivia- I learned to fly in a 'Canadian' 172 where the BIG numbers on the ASI were MPH, but later flew ones that had knots and I didn't died. HOW DARE they mix units!
                    See Mr. Expert, as usual you don't even have an inkling. DH I mean LH claimed in a previous post, that large jet aircraft (especially his favorite one, can you guess which one that is?) Measure fuel in pounds always and not kilograms. Hate to brake (no pun intended) it to you, the majority of 747's do use KILOGRAMS. Including his favorite airline. Can you guess that one? So bugger off.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X