• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    More of a Hans Solo safety culture.
    Who the heck is Hans Solo?

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post

It's lit up to indicate that it is an old airplane with very little automation that never should be flown.
      Close. I think it's the 'no automation' indicator.

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Cowboy freighter pilot. Holds the record for the Kessel run. I think he flew for Star Alliance.

Comment

Hans Olo's cousin?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

He is the captain of the Aircraft Carrier S.S. Essess from the movie Hot Shots.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

He is the captain of the Aircraft Carrier S.S. Essess from the movie Hot Shots.
              Mmmmm.... Bacon and eggs!

Hot Shots! movie clips: http://j.mp/1dgKkTmBUY THE MOVIE:FandangoNOW - https://www.fandangonow.com/details/movie/hot-shots-1991/1MV380b383fce9314d4351a961a2a...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Mmmmm.... Bacon and eggs!
                My favorite line from the movie begins as follows: "Playing for a coach that throws the game is like having sex with your sister..." (The comments that follow that are even better)
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

My favorite line from the movie begins as follows: "Playing for a coach that throws the game is like having sex with your sister..."
                  What do you do with an elephant and three balls?

Comment

What do you do with an elephant WITH three balls?
                    I'm not completely sure. Walk him and pitch to the giraffe?

Comment

I'm not completely sure. Walk him and pitch to the giraffe?
                      I believe the rhino was SOP, but here we can allow for some improvisation.

Comment

I believe the rhino was SOP, but here we can allow for some improvisation.
                        I got the fundamental concept.

Comment

I have heard and seen ATC requests for s-turns on final...Here's an interesting twist of a full 360:

[...]
                          Under normal conditions, I'd say, I only open weblinks whereupon I've done a deep research concerning the weblink provider. But I'm able to make exceptions, e.g. when the person who shares the weblink is trustful.

A full 360? You know me. My questions, like in the Canada Highway topic, always are:
                          airport?
                          aircraft?

'This is Dorval approach, 127.48 . Would you please use Highway # 42 on vector xyz for your arrival! Fly straight in.'

A full 360, on board a 747-400? Canada has always been helpful, I don't think that a Canadian atc would do something like that. Ok, now let me view it.
                          The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
                          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

First of all, the music in the background is what I call brilliant. I mostly use that song only when all engines are /off, but I'm able to learn.
                            AC/DC - Thunderstruck. Very very brilliant.

aircraft: They write: Boeing 737, but that's not what they show at 0:37. That's a 727!
                            airport: Mogadishu?! Since 1977, nobody was ever able to find a better airport for a Boeing video...

As I said, Canadian atc would rather provide a different solution.

Not really a 737 but a 727. But the rest is.. brilliant.

As I said, most of the videos which I've seen here in the forum in the past 48 hours do not really work with a 747-400, the Canadian Highway and this one included.

Comment

Ahm. Hans is my brother, and he indeed flies for the Star Alliance. Lufthansa Cargo MD-11F . You don't know him?

Comment

This threat is basically what I think may have inspired the manuever:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Comment

Working...
                                X