X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Evan View Post
    This threat is basically what I think may have inspired the manuever:

http://avherald.com/h?article=4d6de1d4&opt=0
    As I said before, that doesn't explain a thing. He could have still turned right into the water while CLIMBING and then aim for the approach fix or just make a visual downwind at pattern altitude.
    Last edited by Gabriel; 2020-05-06, 19:17. Reason: Right, not left.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      ...He could have still turned left into the water while CLIMBING and then aim for the approach fix or just make a visual downwind at pattern altitude.
      And the nice close view of the ocean would not have happened.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

As I said before, that doesn't explain a thing. He could have still turned left into the water while CLIMBING and then aim for the approach fix or just make a visual downwind at pattern altitude.
        I think the pilots who fly in these parts will attest to the added protection of staying low and concealed from further view. I've also read that some of the shoulder-fired AA weapons have a minimum elevation angle, though obviously that wouldn't apply to anti-tank weapons.

Probably the cowboy in him just being a cowboy, but there may be viable reasons behind it that only these guys would know.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

And the nice close view of the ocean would not have happened.
          Agreed, I said in that same post that it would have been anywhere that cool.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I think Youtube's compression might be concealing the true purpose of that maneuver.

If the video quality were better, you'd see a long, very thin nylon line trailing out the back of the aircraft, with a fishhook on its far end.

Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

Originally posted by elaw View Post
              I think Youtube's compression might be concealing the true purpose of that maneuver.

If the video quality were better, you'd see a long, very thin nylon line trailing out the back of the aircraft, with a fishhook on its far end.

You think he was after flying fish? Or was he fly fishing?
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
              X