Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another stall accident (In PSA, the P stands for Pinnacle)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

25000 hours, 3WE. Not 250, not 2500. 7000 on type.
    Not exactly...

You act as a mediocre pilot, unable to land a job with the majors...thus you build more and more hours (maybe even some numbers that you cited) and build seniority at the regional and get promoted based on those merits, and become a not-so great captain and no-so-great influence to junior pilots.

(Remember we are quoting ITS, not the AIM/whatever.)

Can we find relevance from any pilot friends here who maybe followed a slightly different pathway?

So when you hit those hours you mention, that means people don't screw up any more?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
      "ATC requires/expects a minimum of 1000 ft/min rate of climb". Where'd that come from?
      I'm thinking there are some rules...Maybe not written rules (Sorry Evan), and maybe rules of thumb...Descending or climbing at 500 fpm will probably get you yelled at. (Except in the light plane world, I was told to do "everything" at 500 fpm and that it was 'expected'- FWIW, that's a good value for FDNH cruise climb AND a good descent rate for 'gentle' ear clearing...fundamental common sense to apply if it's hot and you are high (and other times).

The ole United on-board audio was fun- Two similar instances. Center told us "Descend at your discretion"....I feel nothing...several minutes later, the verbiage is "Descend and Maintain"...On another occasion, we were gradually working down on downwind at Flyover..."What's your altitude"...."7300"....."I need you at 6000 feet....I have opposite direction traffic at 7000"....One thousand one....thump, there's the spoilers and the engines spool back further...a minute later...."United XYZ, leveling 6000.

Seems on takeoff, folks like to climb as fast as they can, with the objective to keep the speed below 250?....then at 10,000 feet, the climb becomes more gentle.....Then as you near your destination, there's this nice slow initial descent, and then later, lots and lots of descents no less than 2000 fpm.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X