No announcement yet.

MD-80 / DC-9 Stall Exercise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is why I always love the Original source. Now, if I had a youtube account, I could ask the person who uploaded that video back then in October 2015. Or I could read all those 1376 video comments, to find out where that little window in the upper right corner comes from. But that isn't really my plan.

The maneuver in the video is interesting: First of all, a 20 degree bank angle right corner, and then the PF pushes the yoke almost out of the cockpit, so that over portside his jet begins a nosedive, upside down.

I like to second what Gabriel said. That definitely is not a stall exercise.

That maneuver somehow reminds me of the fatal HB-HOT crash (August 2018_), which according to eyewitnesses was precisely,
    a nosedive over portside, all three propellers ahead, with a 90 degree vertical impact into the rock.

Really interesting. That video was first published (?) in 2015. So, that video somehow shows how to escape a nosedive over portside. But obviously nobody knew that video in August 2018, me included.
    And one thing is different. That video shows a nosedive over the ocean. And definitely not above high Alpine scenery, like above a mountain with elev 10,200 AMSL (3098 meter über Meer).

In high alpine scenery, you don't have that much vertical space for such a nosedive with a happy end.

After all, a good and interesting video.
    That's what airlines are good for, amongst others,
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    Aviation enthusiast, since more than 35 years with home airport EDDL.

Comment

Eyebrow window

Click image for larger version

Name:	APFN945ATtaxiSLC.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	409.0 KB
ID:	1094467​​​​​​​

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Improper cropping: horizontal stabilizer and wing truncated.

Also, taxiway sign behind the engine is distracting clutter.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          Improper cropping: horizontal stabilizer and wing truncated.

Also, taxiway sign behind the engine is distracting clutter.
          American flag is backwards. Distress signal?

Comment

It is not backwards, it is attacking forward and flapping with the wind.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
            --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
            X