• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

What the hell have you been smoking?
    jealous? there's a dispensary near me if ya want i'll pick some up for ya

Comment

What the hell have you been smoking?
      Just trying to fix everything wrong in aviation for Evan...it’s a tough job and will drive one to drinking. Especially tough since I think crosswind landings are cool.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Just trying to fix everything wrong in aviation for Evan...it’s a tough job and will drive one to drinking. Especially tough since I think crosswind landings are cool.
        One of my favorite things to do in the winter here in Miami is when the cold fronts come through. I have a 46 J-3 Cub with a 65 HP 4 cylinder engine and no electrical system. Our grass strip is 3000' and is East/West. Wind out of the North 15 - 20. Sometimes with gusts to 30. Touch and go's from both directions from a teardrop. I can usually get around 20 done in 1 hour. F*****g blast!

Comment

One of my favorite things to do in the winter here in Miami is when the cold fronts come through. I have a 46 J-3 Cub with a 65 HP 4 cylinder engine and no electrical system. Our grass strip is 3000' and is East/West. Wind out of the North 15 - 20. Sometimes with gusts to 30. Touch and go's from both directions from a teardrop. I can usually get around 20 done in 1 hour. F*****g blast!
          Are you sure you are complying with the maximum demonstrated crosswind declared in the POH as well as company procedures and policies, respecting the stabilized approach criteria and, above all, not violating 14 CFR § 91.13?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

grass strip is 3000' and is East/West.
            Fortunately, half of my private training was on a 2500 ft,, 50-ft wide NS blacktop runway...Yeah, it was a 172 and rarely was it a direct crosswind, but rarely was it straight down the runway...Windy days were a blast..
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Most of my 200+ take-off and landings for the private pilot license were done in a 2300 ft dirt runway (in the Tomahawk), and they were all full stop (the school had a no touch-and-go policy, they said that it stressed the engine).

My flight school was based in a nice controlled airport with a 3300 ft asphalt runway, but due to the heavy traffic, when practicing take-off and landing we wold normally go to this other ultralight fight club.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                ultralight fight club
                Now this is getting interesting.

Comment

Long time ago. Friend of mine traded his Cherokee for a Cessna 180 and asked me to train him. Needed so many hours for his insurance. Very sharp fellow, picked up the tail wheel stuff quick. Before I'd sign him off wanted to do some crosswind landings. So one day we went over to Oak Harbor Washington. About a 3000ft strip that rose about 50 the last 1000 or so feet. East/West strip typical 50ft wide, wind out of the south 15+. Now there is a hanger right next to the runway on the approach to runway 27. Soo I told him plan to touchdown just past the hanger because the building will block the wind and with the hill before the end of the runway shouldn't be a problem stopping. Well no! he's flaring on the end of the runway next to the hanger. I let him continue as it's all grass off the runway. Sure as the dickens. As he's about to touchdown we come out from behind the hanger and the wind hits us and we are off the runway in the grass. I'm just about to say I told you so when I see a ditch in front of us. I grabbed the wheel and yanked back and luckily we were able to jump over it. The guy on the unicom calls us to see if we are ok, I said yes, he says what about the ditch? Luckily I said we were able to jump it. Lessons learnt

Comment

Working...
                  X