X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLcrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

According to what I read in the comments section in Avherald and elsewhere, it seems that the 767-F has only one door: 1L (no 1R and the cargo door in the back I don't know how accessible they are or how fit for huma escape), and that 1L it doesn't have an escape slide, only an inertial reel (which still seems like a better option to me).
    767F cargo door is in the front.

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    Yes

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
    The joke in the Douglas aircraft was,"you couldn't get out the window if you were overweight".
    Could you get the job if you were overweight?

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    The joke in the Douglas aircraft was,"you couldn't get out the window if you were overweight".

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post

Well, I think that's what happened here but why not the main doors? The plane was resting on one engine with the nose gear several feet off the ground, so perhaps the slides wouldn't reach the ground, and falling from the rope at that height looks like it could hurt. Still, what's the hurry...
    According to what I read in the comments section in Avherald and elsewhere, it seems that the 767-F has only one door: 1L (no 1R and the cargo door in the back I don't know how accessible they are or how fit for huma escape), and that 1L it doesn't have an escape slide, only an inertial reel (which still seems like a better option to me).

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Back in the day when I flew cargo, DC-9, DC-8, we had a safety rope you threw out the crew window if you couldn't get out another exit.
    Well, I think that's what happened here but why not the main doors? The plane was resting on one engine with the nose gear several feet off the ground, so perhaps the slides wouldn't reach the ground, and falling from the rope at that height looks like it could hurt. Still, what's the hurry...

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    Back in the day when I flew cargo, DC-9, DC-8, we had a safety rope you threw out the crew window if you couldn't get out another exit.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Two B-767s have the same left gear collapse on landing within two weeks of each other. One in Bucharest and one in LAX, curious.
    I doubt they have the same issue in common. One had a main gear that failed to fully deploy. The other had a main that collapsed during the rollout.

What get's me is the rope exit and the seriously injured F/O. Why?

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    started a topic B-767 gear collapse on landing

B-767 gear collapse on landing

Two B-767s have the same left gear collapse on landing within two weeks of each other. One in Bucharest and one in LAX, curious.
Working...
X