X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
    Our one and only 3WEie

A320.
    avherald, thank God. Now I know that we talk about the same topic, a real topic, no jokes. Adults talk about aviation.

But who on Earth would call my friend 3WE a junior member , if not you.

Airbus A320. Not really my favorite a/c type. But nevertheless almost everybody owns such a jet:
    American Airlines, United Airlines, Air Canada, Lufthansa, ..... ....

And I still love my favorite airline because here we have worldwide (?) one of only a few CEOs or even the only CEO (?) who knows the A320 really really good:
    Lufthansa CEO and active Flight Captain (Airbus A320) Carsten Spohr.

If you ask me, Spohr has to stay with the Lufthansa as a CEO at least for the next 10 years!

In my eyes "here at Lufthansa" (that's how I call my favorite airline) we never had a CEO, who is
    1. so young, Chief Captain Spohr is only 12 years older than me
    2. so able to build the bridge between aviation as a profession and not only the long lasting customers, but he stands infront of a German TV camera and asks all people who like to fly in Germany
    for patience, almost on his knees.
    3. In day-to-day business, Spohr is humble, almost invisible. I'd say Spohr follows the steps of Wolfgang Mayrhuber (22.03.1947-01.12.2018_): active engineer/pilot, then LH CEO,

and then Lufthansa Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender.

To make a long entry short, for A320 you should rather ask Chief Captain Spohr.

I am rather 737, 757, 767 and... 747.

Probably one of the youngest jetphoto forum members who still owns the 747 as my avatar (?) .
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Not only am I an amateur aviation expert, ranked higher than Kit Darby (by a highly-respected insider), I am an amateur meteorologist and trained storm spotter.

Aeroplanies and Thunderstormies are interesting topics. Sometimes windshields are broken. Other times airplanes are spit out onto the ground. And extremely often people go to social media to highlight improvisational cowboy idiocy and wanton disregard to the AIM-recommend 20 mile clearance from Cbs.

Example of the last item: https://youtu.be/D5CLNC1kPsQ

Repeating- I have a creepy memory of a special towering cumulus a tad north of DFW…

Hail, microburst, surged JT-8Ds on DC-9s…heck, even iced over pitots followed by relentless pull ups…

Aviation Typists Monthly once indicated that operations do indeed continue in spite of thunderstorms affecting the terminal area. I tend to believe them.

PS: I also have Red Cross First Aid training if anyone needs medical advice.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Working...
      X