Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BoeingBobby
    replied
    I knew you couldn't help yourself. Took the bait, hook, line and sinker!

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
    That said, I think that many of us still think that Boeing did not do a real deep transformation of its culture and leadership as it was needed.
    Let me put it this way: Challenger --------------------------> Columbia.

You can't assuredly fix anything until you purge the rotten leadership philosophy. It's the same as safety culture within airlines. If that's rotten, the other shoe is going to drop (and drop, and drop...).

I won't shy away from the MAX now that the very essential mods have been made (a.k.a failsafe redundancy). But it will always depress me. It will always be a testament to rotten corporate culture. A 1960's airframe crutched into the 21st century at a cost greater than a 21st century clean-sheet airframe. And at a disgusting human cost.

I feel sorry for all those brilliant minds at Boeing, capable of designing the aircraft of the future, instead made to cobble this nightmare together.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Do you disagree? Would be interesting to know your opinion.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    replied
    And awayyyyyyy we go. Next person in line please.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    I think that, in general, people in this forum knows better.

I will take Evan as an example, he was relentless cristianizan Boeing, their MCAS design (or that they upgraded the 737 again at all instead of doing a clean-sheet modern design), their business approach, strategy and culture, not to mention their top leadership for whom he wished jail time.

However, even he recognizes the scrutiny that this plane has gone through during the last 2 years, that the technical problems are solved, that the manuals and training issue has been resolved, and that the plane will be (and is now) as safe as any.

I do not think that many people in this forum is in the "MAX no-fly" team.

That said, I think that many of us still think that Boeing did not do a real deep transformation of its culture and leadership as it was needed. It is not clear at this point that they moved the focus back to great engineering and real innovation even if it means looking a bit away of the short-sighted view of the Wall Street bull.

So we can be happy with the MAX going back to operation, willing to take a MAX flight any day, and still unhappy with Boeing.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    started a topic MAX takes to the skies again

MAX takes to the skies again

I expected all kinds of beat up on Boeing comments. What happened?
Working...
X