Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Indonesian aircraft down

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by Evan View Post

    I'm certain that in neither case does it call for "stomping the pedals". I'm still outraged that this mentality made it all the way into the cockpit of an American Airlines A300. How is it possible that you still haven't learned?
    Straw man, Evan.

    ONE, 2” light corrective depression (or stomp- it doesn’t matter) will not down an A-300.

    REPEATED LIGHT ALTERNATING 2”‘depressions done exactly wrong, can.

    If you are promptly banking through 45 degrees, a quick, firm correction is in order. (The dot is a period)

    Thanks for playing.
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

    Comment


    • #92
      maybe a bit dated, but i'm pretty sure not much has changed:

      https://www.boeing.com/commercial/ae...y/fo01txt.html

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
        maybe a bit dated, but i'm pretty sure not much has changed:

        https://www.boeing.com/commercial/ae...y/fo01txt.html
        Reading the discussion. Probably little in it not known to a qualified pilot. But when disaster strikes, how the pilot reacts is the only knowledge that matters. Bobby and Juan Browne seem to agree. Ignore the fancy technology and control the plane.

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by Nervous_Flyer View Post
          Ignore the fancy technology and control the plane.
          I don’t think this is fair. I imagine they were flying fairly competently and doing meaningful things and using the autopilot and throttles appropriately.

          What they weren’t doing was 1) a routine instrument scan for power and speed discrepancies and then 2) a quick enough recovery.

          TeeVee and I feel they should have been able to recover- no good excuses.

          Don’t want to put words in Gabriel’s mouth, but he’s more sympathetic that maybe it all happened too fast...


          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

          Comment


          • #95
            The memory module from the CVR has been recovered and is being read out. Hopefully, this provides some resolution.

            Comment


            • #96
              Apparently Boeing has grounded some 737-Max aircraft over what is reported to be an electrical system issue. I can't find anything in the FAA AD database. Does anyone know anything more?

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by Evan View Post
                Apparently Boeing has grounded some 737-Max aircraft over what is reported to be an electrical system issue. I can't find anything in the FAA AD database. Does anyone know anything more?
                Flux gate problem with the dilithium converter.

                Comment


                • #98
                  Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                  Flux gate problem with the dilithium converter.
                  Wasn't it the flux capacitor? Oh, never mind, that was in a DMC not in a Boeing.

                  --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                  --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                    Flux gate problem with the dilithium converter.
                    More likely a vacuum tube.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Evan View Post

                      More likely a vacuum tube.
                      I assume you have seen this. I know that Captain Olson has.

                      https://aviationhumor.net/pilots-vs-...nce-engineers/

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                        I assume you have seen this. I know that Captain Olson has.

                        https://aviationhumor.net/pilots-vs-...nce-engineers/
                        Oh, yea... remember this from my time in college... (90's)

                        My favorite:

                        P: Test flight OK, except auto-land very rough.
                        S: Auto-land not installed on this aircraft.



                        By the way, it seems to come from the military:

                        P: IFF inoperative.
                        S: IFF always inoperative in OFF mode.

                        P: Target radar hums.
                        S: Reprogrammed target radar with lyrics

                        --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                          Flux gate problem with the dilithium converter.
                          Indeed.

                          Also, electrical systems do call for grounding here and there- good move by Boeing.
                          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                            I assume you have seen this. I know that Captain Olson has.

                            https://aviationhumor.net/pilots-vs-...nce-engineers/
                            If we were to apply more serious issues it might go something like:

                            P: automation behaving unexpectedly.
                            S: automation flagged pending expectation adjustment.

                            Or

                            P: aircraft response seems sluggish during rapid rudder reversals.
                            S: replace nut behind rudder pedals.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Evan View Post
                              If we were to apply more serious issues it might go something like:

                              P: automation behaving unexpectedly.
                              S: automation flagged pending expectation adjustment.

                              Or

                              P: aircraft response seems sluggish during rapid rudder reversals.
                              S: replace nut behind rudder pedals.
                              You must be a very unhappy man! Never a touch of humor or a kind word. Must suck to be so miserable all the time.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                                You must be a very unhappy man! Never a touch of humor or a kind word. Must suck to be so miserable all the time.
                                Nor do we know the joy of riding a bicycle, albeit a VERY risky affair- downhill speeds can easily exceed 30 MPH, the craft is sorely limited in static stability, some limitation in dynamic stability, relatively minimal safety systems, thousands injured yearly, sometimes fatally....

                                BAN ALL BICYCLES!
                                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X