X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Indonesian aircraft down

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

RIP

I'm sure it's Boeing's fault, just ask Evan.

Comment

It could be nature's fault. The crash site is in shallow waters so there's hope of finding the flight recorders.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-01-09 at 3.34.24 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	139.8 KB ID:	1106682

Comment

I know this is an older generation 737, but I’m quite sure this is going to further threaten the 737 reputation. I don’t think the common man or woman knows the difference between a 737 or 737 MAX. The affected aircraft just started flying again, so the timing is also extremely poor.

Comment

Not a Regional Jet.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

The aircraft, PK-CLC, was delivered from Boeing to Continental in 1994 and became part of the United fleet after the merger in 2011. It had a winglet conversion in 2009 and perhaps a heavy check then as well. It was transferred to Sriwijaya Air in 2012. This is the first fatal crash for Sriwijaya Air.

Comment

"nature's fault?" what does that mean? oh wait, you mean those monsterous, ominous, deadly storm cells clearly shown on the radar?

nature my ass.

Comment

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                "nature's fault?" what does that mean? oh wait, you mean those monsterous, ominous, deadly storm cells clearly shown on the radar?

nature my ass.
                Courtroom theatrics?

I suspect Evan’s comment was that the design of the 737 probably wasn’t a primary factor and that weather might be a contributing factor.
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

PIC was 54 years old ex-military, CTPL in 1987. Also devoutly religious. Let's hope god didn't tell him to do something crazy....

Comment

FDR recovered.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                      FDR recovered.
                      CVR might be more essential here.

Comment

Might. Depending on what transpired. Anyway I am confident they will recover the CVR too, they detected both pings.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

in 15 meters of water they can practically free dive for it.

Comment

FDR was successfully downloaded with the 330 parameters recovered in good condition.

On the CVR, the pinger was found, unfortunately detached from the CVR itself, so the search is ongoing.

Comment

Correction. Not just the pinger of the CVR was found, but the broken chassis and a good part of the circuitry. The memory module however is still missing and being searched.

Click image for larger version

Name:	sriwijaya_b735_pk-clc_jakarta_210109_6.jpg
Views:	929
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	1107213

Comment

Working...
                              X