Nippon cargo 747-8 tail strike at Narita

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nippon cargo 747-8 tail strike at Narita

Made a go-around and landed ok on the next pass. They said possible wind shear but the winds were only 9 kts. I've only flown into Narita a couple times and don't remember if the area is subject to wind shears. I seem to remember when the MD-11 came out FEDEX had a similar incident in Narita so maybe.

Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
    Made a go-around and landed ok on the next pass. They said possible wind shear but the winds were only 9 kts. I've only flown into Narita a couple times and don't remember if the area is subject to wind shears. I seem to remember when the MD-11 came out FEDEX had a similar incident in Narita so maybe.
    There is nothing that isn't a pain in the ass about Narita.

Comment

Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
      You mean than one that porpoised and flipped over?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

You mean than one that porpoised and flipped over?
        Shouldn't. He said "when the MD-11 came out". The MD-11 was out of production and McDonnell Douglas out of business by then.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
        --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
        X