Good job gentlemen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
    Lost a friend of mine in a similar incident back in the late 80's in a DC-9. Door opened after takeoff. They slowly flew around and back to the airport. They overshoot final a little and the Captain tightened up the turn which apparently caused the door to move which caused them to roll inverted. The last words on the voice recorder where "push forward" from my friend, an aerobatic instructor. Went in inverted, no survivors.
    You worked for Evergreen International? I mean for
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergr...ional_Airlines

I confess, here on my home airport, we know one or two things about the type 747..
    nice spcial gust for a army forces fly.. N623US. Boeing 747-251B. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

but what I did not know is, that this famous bird, the Evergreen Supertanker, is aviation history since 2014.
    N470EV. Boeing 747-273C. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

And what I also did not know until today, the rather small DC-9 was also used for Cargo flights. I mean, ask a company like Cathay Pacific Cargo, and they tell you, their fleet consists of B744ERF and B748F freighters.

And did you know that there is an en wiki for your DC-9 accident, even with full names of the two pilots? Here it is:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evergr...ines_Flight_17

Date of the flight March 18th 1989. Two souls on board, and zero survivors. Age of the Flight Captain (back then in 1989): 41, i.e. born 1948. Age of his F/O: 39. Names I will not mention.

Another evidence that jetphotos Junior members not necessarily are younger than Gabriel or than me... 1500 divided by 12 years, so I write not more than 125 entries during one year. Which definitely is not a World record.

Sometimes I wish that good and experienced Junior members are here more often!
    The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
    The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
    And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
    This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Why do you put so much focus in age and number of posts?

Don't you know that a person can be a "seasoned adult", post very frequently, and still be an a##hole?

(Any similitude with certain former US president is merely coincidental)

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        Why do you put so much focus in age and number of posts?

Don't you know that a person can be "seasoned adult", post very frequently, and still be an a##hole?

(Any similitude with certain former US president is merely coincidental)

Comment

Working...
        X