X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLcrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Evan View Post

So, in this scenario, the pilot moves the levers from TOGA or MCT back to CL and the autothrust reactivates and commands IDLE. Let's say he pushes the iD buttons at that point. Does the thrust surge up to full climb thrust or does it lock at IDLE?
    Goes to climb.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

I'm afraid so. Reference autothrust section of FCOM. If the idc buttons are pushed, the a/thr is no longer armed. We then must push the a/thr button to re-engage it.
    So, in this scenario, the pilot moves the levers from TOGA or MCT back to CL and the autothrust reactivates and commands IDLE. Let's say he pushes the iD buttons at that point. Does the thrust surge up to full climb thrust or does it lock at IDLE?

Leave a comment:

• ATLcrew
    replied

In that situation, where the A/T otherwise remains armed, how am I wrong?

Thrust levers buttons?

I thought if the TL buttons are used the A/T will remain armed and then the TL's are placed back into the active range, the AT would reactivate. Wrong?
    I'm afraid so. Reference autothrust section of FCOM. If the idc buttons are pushed, the a/thr is no longer armed. We then must push the a/thr button to re-engage it.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Try again, Evan.
    In that situation, where the A/T otherwise remains armed, how am I wrong?

Thrust levers buttons?

I thought if the TL buttons are used the A/T will remain armed and then the TL's are placed back into the active range, the AT would reactivate. Wrong?

Leave a comment:

• ATLcrew
    replied

If you want to retain full manual authority over the aircraft (where the manual climb power setting gives you full climb power) you must first turn off the autothrust with this button.
    Try again, Evan.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

If I had to choose a team for the B744 cockpit, that were Gabriel, Evan, 3WE, and atlcrew.
    I am honored. Perhaps I could monitor the transponder reply light for ATLCrew?

Evan and Gabriel are bad because they’d probably debate stuff and spend time thumbing through manuals. They might even fight over Gabe wanting to hand fly and Evan wanting to use automation.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    replied

No I didn't. Look at the quote of my acronyms in 3WE's post.
    Guess it auto corrected itself!
    But not to worry, your other "senior" poster loves you. Maybe you can run over to "EDDL" and share a Jaeger Schnitzel with your buddy.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

Because you went back and corrected it.
    No I didn't. Look at the quote of my acronyms in 3WE's post.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    replied

Well. You are longer here on this platform than me. And the two of us are longer here on this platform than Bob.

What I'm just wondering about, after all those years you still have ??? when you read what he writes?

Really, very dear greetings from one "Senior" to the other "Senior".

PS: How old is such a typical jetphotos Senior?
    You wonder why I like to hassle you? You constantly post superfluous and inane posts. They rarely have anything to do with the topic of the thread. They are mostly filled with geography lessons about Germany. And you think because you have been watching airplanes for over "35" years and fly your computer simulator, it makes you a pilot. You also seem to think that the length of time and the amount of posts on this site have something to do with experience. And it's fun to ruffle your feathers. Carry on.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    replied

3WE did that, not me.
    Because you went back and corrected it. I saw it as well and just figured because it was an Airbus they called it max thrust continuous. You know the way the Brits like to be different.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied

You put MTC n​​ot MCT! Hence the confusion.
    3WE did that, not me.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied

But you will never be able to answer questions. How old are you. You are rather like a 12 year old son who tells me, look at me dad, I can ride a bicycle.

Well done, my son.

But in contrast to your 100 hp Cessna, for a jet you must be a teamplayer. I just wanted to ask you, are you a teamplayer. But that question is redundant. Every time when we meet here on this platform you show that you are the opposite of a teamplayer.

If I had to choose a team for the B744 cockpit, that were Gabriel, Evan, 3WE, and atlcrew.
    Are you sure?

I can give testimonial that BB is a (now retired) 747-200/300/400/Dreamlifter captain. Not to mention other jet and propeller multi-engine airplanes that he flew as captain and FO with passengers and /or cargo in the back.

But, of course, he doesn't have your or my tenure or number of posts in this forum (although he is older than you and me... combined!)

Leave a comment:

• LH-B744
    replied

I actually have a pilots license!
    But you will never be able to answer questions. How old are you. You are rather like a 12 year old son who tells me, look at me dad, I can ride a bicycle.

Well done, my son.

But in contrast to your 100 hp Cessna, for a jet you must be a teamplayer. I just wanted to ask you, are you a teamplayer. But that question is redundant. Every time when we meet here on this platform you show that you are the opposite of a teamplayer.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied

This is a bit different. On the 777, the autothrust is active in IDLE after touching down and the go buttons will do nothing but if you move the thrust levers at that point, I'm pretty sure it will just disengage autothrust and leave you in manual control. So, in any case, modes are irrelevant. Once you are airborne again, the go-buttons become active again. The problem here was that they weren't familiar enough with how the automation worked on the ground. If they had practiced touch-and-goes, they might have known that this.
    It is a bit different, yes, but the key not_differetn bit is that they expected the autothrust to be in one mode (TOGA) but it was in a different mode (OFF or similar), however they relied on their expectation without checking to confirm that it had gone into the expected TOGA mode, which it hadn't. So the flight mofes and checking the FMA are not irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• BoeingBobby
    replied

Well. You are longer here on this platform than me. And the two of us are longer here on this platform than Bob.

What I'm just wondering about, after all those years you still have ??? when you read what he writes?

Really, very dear greetings from one "Senior" to the other "Senior".

PS: How old is such a typical jetphotos Senior?
    But I actually have a pilots license!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X