Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midair Collision near Denver, nobody hurt (Cirrus CAPS deployment + Metroliner lands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Depends on the operation. The pilot must also have an SA-227 type without the TWO CREW ONLY limitation.
    I don't remember the rules that I studied back then... but I think there is a MTOW limit for what can even in principle be approved for single pilot ops, and the metro looked big enough to me to beyond whatever that limit may have been. I was obviously wrong.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Early metros where only 12,500lbs hence no type rating required.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I don't remember the rules that I studied back then... but I think there is a MTOW limit for what can even in principle be approved for single pilot ops, and the metro looked big enough to me to beyond whatever that limit may have been. I was obviously wrong.
        Don't quote me on this since I was unable to find a reference, but I believe only cargo Metro operators are authorized to operate single-pilot anymore.

Comment

Working...
        X