Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Midair Collision near Denver, nobody hurt (Cirrus CAPS deployment + Metroliner lands)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATLcrew
    replied
    Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

I don't remember the rules that I studied back then... but I think there is a MTOW limit for what can even in principle be approved for single pilot ops, and the metro looked big enough to me to beyond whatever that limit may have been. I was obviously wrong.
    Don't quote me on this since I was unable to find a reference, but I believe only cargo Metro operators are authorized to operate single-pilot anymore.

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    Early metros where only 12,500lbs hence no type rating required.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Depends on the operation. The pilot must also have an SA-227 type without the TWO CREW ONLY limitation.
    I don't remember the rules that I studied back then... but I think there is a MTOW limit for what can even in principle be approved for single pilot ops, and the metro looked big enough to me to beyond whatever that limit may have been. I was obviously wrong.

Leave a comment:

• ATLcrew
    replied
    AvHerald coverage:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Surprised to see that there was only one person in the Metro. I didn't think that that plane would be approved for single-pilot ops.
    Depends on the operation. The pilot must also have an SA-227 type without the TWO CREW ONLY limitation.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
    At one point the tower operator controlling the parallel runway, different freq from the other parallel, advised the Cirrus to not over shot final????
    I THINK that was another aircraft and after the mid-air.

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    At one point the tower operator controlling the parallel runway, different freq from the other parallel, advised the Cirrus to not over shot final????

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    Some ironing that this dude didn’t like a busy, uncontrolled pattern and we have a mid air with a control tower: https://forums.jetphotos.com/forum/g...psi-to-the-ego

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied

These were the lives # 400 and 401 saved by this system. I think that the value of this concept was already very well proven and established before this mid-air.
    I remember In The Shade’s disdain for these systems: That they would encourage crappy airmanship . On might argue that blowing through TWO extended centerlines is crappy airmanship.

Leave a comment:

• Evan
    replied
    It appears that the SR22 mistook the Cessna for the Metroliner when reporting being visual with the conflicting traffic. It must have impacted the fixed gear with the rear fuselage, just missing a catastrophic collision.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
    Always wondered about those a/c with that parachute recovery system. This sure proves the value of that system.
    These were the lives # 400 and 401 saved by this system. I think that the value of this concept was already very well proven and established before this mid-air.

Leave a comment:

• 3WE
    replied
    The Metroliner survival is amazing: Major chunk gone from the fuselage. AND a bit of a dent in the vertical tail.

Leave a comment:

• kent olsen
    replied
    Always wondered about those a/c with that parachute recovery system. This sure proves the value of that system. I believe the early metro's where limited to 12,500lbs, hence one pilot.

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    Radar and ATC:
    12/MAY/2021Your support is really important and appreciated to keep these videos coming! =)-- https://www.patreon.com/VASAviation-- https://paypal.me/VASAvia...

Leave a comment:

• Gabriel
    replied
    AvHerald coverage:

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

Surprised to see that there was only one person in the Metro. I didn't think that that plane would be approved for single-pilot ops.

Leave a comment:

• Alex - Spot-This !
    replied
    Totally crazy !!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X