No announcement yet.

Felony Battery Aboard Southwest Airlines Flight from Sacramento to San Diego

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Felony Battery Aboard Southwest Airlines Flight from Sacramento to San Diego

"According to witnesses, an altercation between a passenger and a flight attendant had taken place during the flight. During the altercation, the passenger struck the flight attendant, causing serious injuries".

The reported assailant is a 28 year old woman. The flight attendant sustained facial injuries and lost two teeth. Local news reports that the assault occurred when the flight attendant instructed the woman to sit down after she stood up prematurely before the aircraft reached the gate.

Statement from the Port Of San Diego:
    Felony Battery Aboard Southwest Airlines Flight | Port of San Diego

So, how about the open mic incident with the dude bashing SanDiego?
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Yeah I get it. These days, this is just another incident of passenger disruption to scheduled commercial aviation. It's just one of 477 passenger misconduct incidents on Southwest Airlines in the past 5 weeks. This one seemed particularly vicious though. And it may become a tipping point. The union representing SWA flight attendants is now referring to an "epidemic of aggression and assault" on their flights. I suspect Southwest is not alone.

A Southwest flight attendant loses two teeth after an altercation with a passenger | CNN Travel

Comment

Your basic Greyhound in the Sky Southwest flight exacerbated by FA not well trained in preventing escalation while confronting a Very Stupid Person.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGQBYlwZ08Y

If a passenger refuses to comply with cabin crew instructions, what should the FA do? Becoming angry and yelling at people who are little more than dangerous wild animals is not the best course of action. Cattle prods would be helpful but might pose some danger in the cabin. Same problem with tranquilizer darts. Not enough room for a lasso. I really don't have the answer, aside from not letting animals on board in the first place, but then Southwest would be out of business. Perhaps Southwest should require their FA's to have circus training or hand-to-hand combat experience. Anyway, hopefully this passenger is now banned from boarding anything except Spirit Airlines or an actual Greyhound bus.

Comment

Evan, what video are you watching? I don't see the flight attendant yelling or anything like that.

Battery can get you 2 to 4 years in California if charged as a felony, and if it is your 3rd strike at a felony you can get from 25 years to life.
          That's better than not allowing this passenger board another plane.

I hope that she serves any time at all (even if just a few months) and that the sentence receives very ample publicity. That should help reduce the number of incidents. Nobody wants to serve time for a punch.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
            Evan, what video are you watching? I don't see the flight attendant yelling or anything like that.
            There were witness reports that the FA was losing it with her. Understandably.

Also nice to see those other pax with their noses hanging out of their masks, rendering the mask USELESS. Southwest Airlines animal transport service.

Comment

Well, yes, according to this other video from the same news channel, the FA was not precisely de-escalating, rather the opposite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr5K7jTXCQU

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

See why flying box's is much better? Box's don't bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                  See why flying box's is much better? Box's don't bitch!
                  That's because boxes are smarter than some people.

Comment

Working...
                  X