Citation in lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citation in lake

Sounds as though the pilot was not type rated.

We should equip airplanes with biometric IDs so they can only be started by qualified pilots.

Rescue crews planned to work through the night at the scene of the crash. Rescue Capt. Joshua Sanders indicated at a news conference that there were no survivors.

Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Seems to have been going way past Vne when it disappeared from radar, and at that point it was descending steeply and still accelerating.
    Hypothesis: Loss of control in IMC due to spatial disorientation, possibly followed by in-flight break up.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Possibly being flown by Tarzan.

Comment

...and an interesting list of passengers.

Gabe: Hard to believe ‘old fashioned’ disorientation...the plane ought to have a bad ass autopilot...

Yes, it has happened before.

My $ are on a botched mechanical problem (emphasis on botched).
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Low cloud layer. Possibly tried to turn on the autopilot and when it didn't connect, lost control trying to hand fly and get the autopilot to work.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            Sounds as though the pilot was not type rated.

We should equip airplanes with biometric IDs so they can only be started by qualified pilots.

Rescue crews planned to work through the night at the scene of the crash. Rescue Capt. Joshua Sanders indicated at a news conference that there were no survivors.

I didn't see anything in what you posted about the pilot's credentials

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

I didn't see anything in what you posted about the pilot's credentials
              Yes, the press is doing its normal crappy job. I checked two or three links and found relatively little info- some inferences of questionable maintenance and the non-rated pilot. Someone further clarified that there was apparently a type-rated pilot without a current medical AND a not type rated pilot WITH a medical...

As Evan pointed out, Tarzan may have been at the controls (obviously, the press dug for that one).

I’d like to know how far they made it.

I’m guessing this will be pretty ‘interesting’, but we might have to wait for the final report.

Comment

Working...
              X