Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did they idle the good engine?

Aviation Herald - News, Incidents and Accidents in Aviation

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
      Did they idle the good engine?

http://avherald.com/h?article=4e9bbe04&opt=0
      It would appear so. The initial pilot action by the F/O is to correctly step on the good engine (#1) and then to correctly remark that they've lost #2 (So far so good). Then the captain wants to take over (Not so good). And it seems that he does take over without formally announcing it. Somewhere in there the #1 thrust must have been idled by the captain. Then he asked the F/O to read the EGT gauges to determine the dead engine and the F/O sees that #1 is down. So he remarks that #1 is gone and they both conclude that they still have #2. Classic WOF(1) instead of CRM.

(1) Who's On First?

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Who's On First
        Who

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---

Comment

Who

Comment

Aw, come on. I know. That's why my reply was an answer, not a question. See the lack of question mark?

Comment

Aw, come on. I know. That's my my reply was an answer, not a question. See the lack of question mark?
              Ah yeah, I should have known. Who's on first. What's on second.

Comment

Here is the final report on that:

Comment

Substitute Hot1 for Abbot and Hot2 for Costello and I think we've solved this one.

Comment

Working...
                  X