Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

I don't think so. Seems about right.
    I remember a go-around whilst landing at JFK not so long after 9/11. Pax are still a bit on edge around those parts. While crossing Floyd Bennett Field, there is a sudden surge, engine spool up and a steep right bank back out into the bay. The pilot came on within one minute and quickly explained that he had a separation issue with traffic ahead and nothing to worry about. Really not an unreasonable thing to expect from a flight crew and put a lot of people at ease.

Of course, never at the expense of safety, but four minutes...?

Comment

I like 3we's idea. Let the FA make an initial announcement and remove all pressure from the flight crew to make "timely" PA until they have sorted out all critical things, A go-around and the time shortly after one are very high workload in the cockpit.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
        I like 3we's idea.
        My head just exploded

Uhhh, from the flight deck, apparently, the big one has hit California and every airport within 2 hours has either slid off into the ocean, or has a totally crumbled runway…BUT, I’m Chuck Norris and we’ve identified a nice ski slope and will be landing shortly. Those of you with connecting flights may want to download our app and look into rebooking…
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          Uhhh, from the flight deck, apparently, the big one has hit California and every airport within 2 hours has either slid off into the ocean, or has a totally crumbled runway…BUT, I’m Chuck Norris and we’ve identified a nice ski slope and will be landing shortly. Those of you with connecting flights may want to download our app and look into rebooking…
          Wrong. The plane that landed in the ski slope was a Concorde and it happened in the Alps, not in California.
          Buy the way, bonus fact, a real concord was used in that movie, F-BTSC. It was the same one that was involved in a REAL major tragedy years later taking off from Paris.
          When reality surpasses fiction....

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
          --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Working...
          X