Lucky Number 130

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucky Number 130

I think he is number 130. Anyway, a Guatemalan man has survived a flight from Guatemala City to Miami as a stowaway in the wheel well. This was reportedly an American Airlines 737 so he would have had only slightly more legroom than the passengers who paid for the flight.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/28/u...guatemala.html

(no subscription needed, unlike Evan's link)

How did the guy survive 1:40 h above 20,000ft, of which 1:10 was at 37,000 ft?
    And not only survive, but you can see him standing next to the plane and in good condition in the video.

Evan your number seem to be right. This would be gear stowaway number 130, of which 100 did not make it. I am more surprised by the 30 that did, though.

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Another high roller: How is it possible for a man to survive 11 hours in a gear bay? I can barely survive 11 hours in economy class.

A man is discovered alive in the wheel section of a plane that landed in Amsterdam from South Africa.

Comment

If the cargo plane was a 747, there's a hatch into the E&E compartment from the nose wheel well. If he got in there before they pressurized he'd just be cold.

Comment

Originally posted by kent olsen View Post
          If the cargo plane was a 747, there's a hatch into the E&E compartment from the nose wheel well. If he got in there before they pressurized he'd just be cold.
          I wonder how cold with all that warm equipment around. How's the leg room? Given the situation in coach, I might have to consider it. I think they found him unconscious though. He was recovering in hospital.

Isn't there a cockpit indication when that hatch is opened?

Comment

There probably is, it's been 20 years since for me. However if he opened it crawled in and then closed it, they probably didn't notice it. But that compartment is pressurized.

Comment

Working...
            X