Flying Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flying Blind

Finally, the complete, essential read on the real cause of the 737-Max debacle has been published. Bloomberg investigative reporter Peter Robison reveals how the toxic investor-pillage culture of Jack Welsh at GE infected the engineering-first culture at Boeing via two parasitic cross-contaminators: Harry Stonecipher and Jim McNerney. This is a must read, especially for Boeing Bobby who still doesn't seem to recognize what these two men did to the once legendary reputation of Boeing.

https://bookshop.org/books/flying-bl.../9780385546492

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2021-12-07 at 4.33.15 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	47.8 KB ID:	1128570

You read it and then post the Reader's Digest version for us. ​​​

Comment

And yet, “simply adjust trim”, “watch the big ass spinning, clacky wheel”, “pull the damn cumulonimbus” and maybe “FTPA” was all that was needed.

But, I would hate to suggest fundamental airmanship versus a named regurgitated checklist in the QRHFCOMPOH.

Conspiracy?
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Conspiracy?
        Greed.

Deception.

Negligence.

Betrayal.

Comment

I'm assuming this isn't the "Flying Blind" in which "Helen McCrory stars as a brilliant aerospace engineer who is drawn into a passionate affair with a younger male student while working on a government contract for an aircraft destined for military use. As the contract deadline nears, her doubts about her new lover mount, and she comes to understand the shadowy sides of her professional career and her personal life"

Seriously, thanks, I just downloaded it to my Kindle.

Comment

Working...
          X