Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Second Turnback This Week Due to Unruly Pax

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    But in your use of the bolded “any”
    I'll make it simple for you:

    - I've found multiple research studies from legitimate sources that indicate prior infection plus vaccinations seems to offer better protection from reinfection than prior infection alone.
    - I've found no research studies from legitimate sources that contradict those findings.

    Draw your own conclusion.

    “the virus is gonna virus”?
    How very 10th century. Leave it to the gods. It seems that a great many people living in the modern world somehow missed the Renaissance.

    Don't forget this one:

    "If man were meant to fly, he would have been given wings"

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Evan View Post
      How very 10th century. Leave it to the gods. It seems that a great many people living in the modern world somehow missed the Renaissance.
      Very impressive…

      But tell me what has actually happened?

      The virus mutated, overcame the vaccine and few have escaped it- I’m sure your bubble is pretty good, though.

      That’s how viruses, bacteria, weeds and cockroaches work.

      I got Omicron for Christmas and have enjoyed several bike rides, too. It was not as bad as the not_coronavirus I got in December 2019 that had everything but the loss of taste. Some other virus was virusing, or CoVid19 and I were exercising biological variability.
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Evan View Post

        I'll make it simple for you:

        - I've found multiple research studies from legitimate sources that indicate prior infection plus vaccinations seems to offer better protection from reinfection than prior infection alone.
        - I've found no research studies from legitimate sources that contradict those findings.

        Draw your own conclusions.
        Another goal post move.

        The question is if infection is equivalent to vaccination. You provided no data, and then violated basic science with an invalid inference. Good thing you aren’t a scientist or politician.

        Draw a conclusion?:

        Based your data, a vaccinated person should try to get infected so that they have better immunity…

        Does that suggest that not wearing a mask on a plane might be a good idea? But, hey…Science.
        Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          The virus mutated, overcame the vaccine
          Wrong. The virus mutated and has a higher rate of escape from the vaccine antibodies but the vaccines still prevent serious illness and hospitalization which was always the purpose of the vaccines. The rate of hospitalization for vaccinated people is still far below that of unvaccinated people. In fact, it is insignificant enough that, if everyone were vaccinated, we wouldn't need mandates at all. But some people are afraid of science, so nanny state it is.

          Most people will get over it like a bad cold. Still, millions won't be so lucky, so spare us the 'it was nothing' story.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Evan View Post
            ***Wrong. The vaccine mutated***
            I’m just a dumb agricultural scientist, but I want to capture this because I think your science might be off.

            Or maybe I got you worked up by challenging your religious fanaticism regarding government control over Trump supporters. The best part is that there’s a few Biden voters who oppose the vaccine, too. And, did I read that the J & J one had some significant side effects?
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

            Comment


            • F.A.O.: TeeVee. Someone reported that after getting CoVid, they could not taste beer for 6 weeks.

              When I read that, I considered the vaccine 200% mandatory, and questioned the wisdom of those avoiding it, and I wore masks a lot.

              But the virus still virused, and the Christmas turkey might as well have been tofu, and the IPA did not seem hoppy.

              Fortunately, things came back after a few days.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

              Comment


              • I think we are overdue for our next interesting deadly airplane crash. I am almost craving for one the directs our attention away from this thread.
                Or we can discuss AF447 again.

                --- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Evan View Post
                  A United 787-10 conducting a flight to Tel Aviv returned to Newark after reaching the Canadian border. This comes days after an AA flight from Miami to London turned back over the mid-Atlantic. Both were provoked by anti-maskers. There have been 92 such incidents this year and 4,290 last year.

                  What is the expense involved? The FAA zero-tolerance policy levees fines 'up to $37,000'. That wouldn't seem to cover it. It's also a felony and hopefully these people will have nice long jail sentences to contemplate their 'freedoms' and lose the ability to vote in future elections.

                  The deplorables need their own airline.
                  Well. First of all, Greetings. We really don't meet here at the same time so very often, today not again. Nevertheless.

                  Often I have one or two questions when I read your forum entries, today again.
                  1. United goes to Tel Aviv, that seems perfectly ok for me. Departure is ... Newark, ok. After they swallowed Continental nothing seems to be impossible. I had rather assumed Denver or O'Hare.
                  But I wear this avatar and this nickname since more than 13 years not for nothing. I know that Newark is only 17.2 feet away from the Atlantic Ocean - so to speak-
                  and on their way across the pond they still touch the Canadian border, necessarily.. Yes they do, don't they?

                  I believe you, without any doubt. But on this early Saturday morning, which it is here in Germany, I just try to imagine where they come across. A very very classic route had been..
                  Lohausen - Shannon - Gander - NYC . And Gander is Canada, but they don't come in here at Lohausen, and Tel Aviv is alot more South, so theoretically they could cross the pond on a rather
                  Southern route,
                  and they still touch the Canadian border?
                  Give me 60 minutes, and I ask my computer for the Newark - Tel Aviv route. I must admit, that's a route that I haven't expected to exist, nonstop. Not until today.

                  2. And this UA-B781 returned to Newark because of one stupid man? Really? Not the possibility to just open the 5R door for a second and just give him a kick when somewhere east over Gander?
                  1 unhappy passenger vs... 250 happy passengers. I'd say that's good enough.

                  PS: Yes. Is it true that when you start at Newark and you'll cross the pond, then you will always touch the Canadian border,
                  no matter where you come in east of the pond?
                  I don't know if I am allowed to publish this info, but, Halifax, and then 'Send her to the sea Mr Murdoch' (from Cameron's Titanic movie).
                  Where you indeed do not come across when en route from Newark to Tel Aviv is Germany. Too bad, otherwise I would have waved here on the ground.
                  4933 nautical miles, without that I inserted one waypoint. That's alot of inspiration, also for B763ER, 773ER, and..
                  for the little B744 simulator pilot in all of us.
                  Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-02-19, 10:56. Reason: A little bit more than 4933 nmi? What a nice route.
                  The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
                  The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                  And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                  This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

                    Well. First of all, Greetings. We really don't meet here at the same time so very often, today not again. Nevertheless.

                    Often I have one or two questions when I read your forum entries, today again.
                    1. United goes to Tel Aviv, that seems perfectly ok for me. Departure is ... Newark, ok. After they swallowed Continental nothing seems to be impossible. I had rather assumed Denver or O'Hare.
                    But I wear this avatar and this nickname since more than 13 years not for nothing. I know that Newark is only 17.2 feet away from the Atlantic Ocean - so to speak-
                    and on their way across the pond they still touch the Canadian border, necessarily.. Yes they do, don't they?

                    I believe you, without any doubt. But on this early Saturday morning, which it is here in Germany, I just try to imagine where they come across. A very very classic route had been..
                    Lohausen - Shannon - Gander - NYC . And Gander is Canada, but they don't come in here at Lohausen, and Tel Aviv is alot more South, so theoretically they could cross the pond on a rather
                    Southern route,
                    and they still touch the Canadian border?
                    Give me 60 minutes, and I ask my computer for the Newark - Tel Aviv route. I must admit, that's a route that I haven't expected to exist, nonstop. Not until today.

                    2. And this UA-B781 returned to Newark because of one stupid man? Really? Not the possibility to just open the 5R door for a second and just give him a kick when somewhere east over Gander?
                    1 unhappy passenger vs... 250 happy passengers. I'd say that's good enough.

                    PS: Yes. Is it true that when you start at Newark and you'll cross the pond, then you will always touch the Canadian border,
                    no matter where you come in east of the pond?
                    I don't know if I am allowed to publish this info, but, Halifax, and then 'Send her to the sea Mr Murdoch' (from Cameron's Titanic movie).
                    Where you indeed do not come across when en route from Newark to Tel Aviv is Germany. Too bad, otherwise I would have waved here on the ground.
                    4933 nautical miles, without that I inserted one waypoint. That's alot of inspiration, also for B763ER, 773ER, and..
                    for the little B744 simulator pilot in all of us.
                    Indeed.
                    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

                    Comment


                    • I know that I sometimes are a little bit too much off topic, but isn't this a topic about the long haul, about good manners for all of us.

                      Since November 2021, I experience quite heavy technical problems here in my cable TV (don't ask me why), and so, since then I haven't seen one evening with
                      the NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt, and I really miss it. Not for nothing I mention him today, not only because of the long haul between the Nightly News and Lohausen, not only because of good manners. But I (almost) share my birthday with him, he'll obviously very soon become 53 years old.

                      And now, a good weekend, for all of us.
                      The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
                      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                        I think we are overdue for our next interesting deadly airplane crash. I am almost craving for one the directs our attention away from this thread.
                        Or we can discuss AF447 again.
                        Agree

                        Comment


                        • I am almost craving for one the directs our attention away from this thread.
                          110 % agree. For all who know the N1 numbers in a B744 cockpit..

                          So, why don't we discuss Flight Captain Chesley Sullenberger III . A few days ago he celebrated his 61st birthday. And together with that, I like to celebrate
                          the 13th jubilee of what he did.
                          January 15th 2009, and by then I was already a live and kicking jetphotos member, and I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

                          I watched the worldwide news on German TV, and I also remember my very very first thought when that A320 appeared on my screen.

                          Who on this planet Earth would be so stupid to try to make a ship out of a grown almost 40 meter long passenger jet, and why?!

                          One Clint Eastwood later, we all know the answers. '155?' 'Yes, Captain, all 155.' The moment that followed that rather short conversation I only know due to Tom Hanks. I don't know
                          if Captain Sullenberger had a tear in his eye in this moment, but everytime when I push the Blu Ray into my player, I have.

                          Gabriel, do you know famous pilots who are born in March? Harrison Ford, no. Tom Cruise, no. Sullenberger, no.

                          Musicians? Beginning with Eric Clapton and not ending with Jon Bon Jovi, Henning Krautmacher or Lester Holt (who in his second profession is anchorman of the NBC Nightly News). And his first profession: 'Lester Holt plays bass guitar.'
                          (en wiki)
                          And me? I still don't know if I were able to survive another 13 years in a forum for musicians, I have never tried it. My father was exactly 3 days older than Eric Clapton (!) .
                          So probably he is the reason why I have both in me, aviation and music.

                          And now back on topic. But only if you really really insist, Gabriel.
                          Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-02-19, 14:07. Reason: The f*ckin bass guitar. L. Holt aka Gene Simmons. Back on topic if you insist.
                          The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
                          The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                          And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                          This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post

                            110 % agree. For all who know the N1 numbers in a B744 cockpit..

                            So, why don't we discuss Flight Captain Chesley Sullenberger III . A few days ago he celebrated his 61st birthday. And together with that, I like to celebrate
                            the 13th jubilee of what he did.
                            January 15th 2009, and by then I was already a live and kicking jetphotos member, and I remember that day as if it were yesterday.

                            I watched the worldwide news on German TV, and I also remember my very very first thought when that A320 appeared on my screen.

                            Who on this planet Earth would be so stupid to try to make a ship out of a grown almost 40 meter long passenger jet, and why?!

                            One Clint Eastwood later, we all know the answers. '155?' 'Yes, Captain, all 155.' The moment that followed that rather short conversation I only know due to Tom Hanks. I don't know
                            if Captain Sullenberger had a tear in his eye in this moment, but everytime when I push the Blu Ray into my player, I have.

                            Gabriel, do you know famous pilots who are born in March? Harrison Ford, no. Tom Cruise, no. Sullenberger, no.

                            Musicians? Beginning with Eric Clapton and not ending with Jon Bon Jovi, Henning Krautmacher or Lester Holt (who in his second profession is anchorman of the NBC Nightly News).
                            And me? I still don't know if I were able to survive another 13 years in a forum for musicians, I have never tried it. My father was exactly 3 days older than Eric Clapton (!) .
                            So probably he is the reason why I have both in me, aviation and music.

                            And now back on topic. But only if you really really insist, Gabriel.
                            Pretty sure he turned 71 or he would still be flying for the airlines.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Gabriel View Post
                              I think we are overdue for our next interesting deadly airplane crash. I am almost craving for one the directs our attention away from this thread.
                              Or we can discuss AF447 again.
                              Well sadly, it’s ALL about the death toll…Flu and intense chest colds certainly qualify.
                              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

                                Pretty sure he turned 71 or he would still be flying for the airlines.
                                Really. I like you because you are so clever. Nobody knows that Mr Lester Holt is born March 8 1959, so, this bass guitarrist (and chief of the NBC Nightly News), will soon become...
                                53 years old, as I said. Ein echter Rechenkünstler, that's what Bob is.

                                And how old will I become, next Thursday plus one week. 34 years old, right. At least I wished to.

                                Turn back (the clock), that's the topic here, or have I misunderstood something..

                                Explicit for Bob, add a decade, and you'll slowly discover the truth.

                                And only because Gabe really asked me not to return back on topic, let me stick with the
                                famous pilots vs famous musicians who are born in March. I have no one to add to the famous pilots born in March category, but if you like more than two another entries for the musicians.
                                Just on rotation, with 'Firefly' (1999),
                                Mr Chris Rea (*March 4 1951), who soon will be 61 years old (.. Bob? Now you understand the trick). Still the man who sold the most LPs to me, beginning with
                                Whatever happened to Benny Santini (published 1978_).

                                And, as a very special honor for me,
                                Mr Harry Belafonte (*March 1st 1927 in New York City) .
                                Last edited by LH-B744; 2022-02-19, 15:44. Reason: I'll learn the 8_), in the next 13 years, or never.
                                The German long haul is alive, since more than 60 years.
                                The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
                                And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
                                This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X