Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    NEVER no ANY EVER Never NEVER anything.
    I absolutely love you (in a healthy platonic, brotherly way, of course).
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

you are certifiably nuts! you do realize that all the"malevolent" viruses such as H1N1, the original SARS virus, MERS-Cov, and on and on, are still circulating around the world and have been for some time.
      Where do you come up with this stuff? MERS-Cov is spread from direct and indirect contact with dromedaries (camels). There have only been 2583 cases between September 2012 and the last assessment on October 2021, when no new cases were reported that month. Not exactly a pandemic TeeVee. That spells failure for a virus.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
        There’s a lot of truth to the phrase, “The virus is going to virus”.
        There's a lot of truth to the phrase, "What goes up must come down". Should we just stop taking precautions that keep airplanes from coming down the wrong way, cuz thats what they do when we don't...

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

There's a lot of truth to the phrase, "What goes up must come down". Should we just stop taking precautions that keep airplanes from coming down the wrong way, cuz thats what they do when we don't...
          Mask regulations and Human pilots.

Amazing how you love the one that has the huge failure rate, and ongoing disdain for the one that’s kind of amazing in having a low failure rate.

I’m talking in relative terms here, not sure if you can process that.

No doubt, a bicycle ban is in order.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post

Amazing how you love the one that has the huge failure rate, and ongoing disdain for the one that’s kind of amazing in having a low failure rate.
            Amazing how you've misunderstood every point I've ever made.

Comment

Amazing how you've misunderstood every point I've ever made.
              Is everyone sitting down? As far as this way off topic that has happened here, I agree with pretty much everything Evan has said. TV, I am amazed and appalled. 3WE, Anti-Skid.

Comment

Really? you sure about this? have a source? other than cnn?
                The New York Times has produced some exceedingly informative, graphically illustrated and 3D animated feature articles about the viral structure down to the molecular level, how it spreads, and what its component parts do and do not do. I peruse various medical journal studies and glean what I can from the abstracts and conclusions but these are very technical and can be difficult to interpret. The largess of my knowledge of the virus has come from the Times scientific reporting.

None of it has come from CNN. I would never go to cable news for factual reporting at this level.

Comment

The New York Times has produced some exceedingly informative, graphically illustrated and 3D animated feature articles about the viral structure down to the molecular level, how it spreads, and what its component parts do and do not do. I peruse various medical journal studies and glean what I can from the abstracts and conclusions but these are very technical and can be difficult to interpret. The largess of my knowledge of the virus has come from the Times scientific reporting.

None of it has come from CNN. I would never go to cable news for factual reporting at this level.
                  oh boy. you got a molecular biology/virology from perusing and only 1/200000th understanding shit that is way over your head. then you come here and spew crap as the gospel according to everyone holy and unholy.

stick to airplanes.

p.s. a little knowledge is more dangerous than ignorance.

Comment

Where do you come up with this stuff? MERS-Cov is spread from direct and indirect contact with dromedaries (camels). There have only been 2583 cases between September 2012 and the last assessment on October 2021, when no new cases were reported that month. Not exactly a pandemic TeeVee. That spells failure for a virus.
                    Wrong. read something deeper than the first google search result.

oh, and i did not say those viruses caused pandemics. my point was and still is, that those viruses are still with us and have been for some time. funny how smart people on TV and YT aren't ordering everyone to wear masks because of those viruses.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post

Wrong. read something deeper than the first google search result.
                      What if the first Google results are the CDC and the ECDC? Dig deeper, into the 'alternate' reality dark web? FACT TeeVee: there were 19 new cases of MERS last month, all in the Middle East and most likely all acquired from contact with camels. That is a virus which, thus far, failed to reach pandemic stage.

[oh, and i did not say those viruses caused pandemics. my point was and still is, that those viruses are still with us and have been for some time. funny how smart people on TV and YT aren't ordering everyone to wear masks because of those viruses.
                      They don't order everyone to wear masks for MERS because it isn't a public health emergency. The rest of us are talking about a pandemic here. Covid is a pandemic and a public health emergency, unlike the other viruses you've listed. Therefore masks are needed and more importantly, public cooperation in wearing them.

If you want to hang out with camels unmasked, be my guest. If you want to fly commercial, you're going to have to wear a mask for the most obvious reasons.

Comment

• Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

*** i did not say***
                          That’s the beauty of this thread.

What’s not being said, what’s not being heard and a frightening lack of thinking.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post

What if the first Google results are the CDC and the ECDC? Dig deeper, into the 'alternate' reality dark web? FACT TeeVee: there were 19 new cases of MERS last month, all in the Middle East and most likely all acquired from contact with camels. That is a virus which, thus far, failed to reach pandemic stage.

They don't order everyone to wear masks for MERS because it isn't a public health emergency. The rest of us are talking about a pandemic here. Covid is a pandemic and a public health emergency, unlike the other viruses you've listed. Therefore masks are needed and more importantly, public cooperation in wearing them.

If you want to hang out with camels unmasked, be my guest. If you want to fly commercial, you're going to have to wear a mask for the most obvious reasons.
                            "thus far." but just to be sure, people in anchorage should be wearing masks just in case.

black. white. black. white. covid is no longer a pandemic. it is endemic. the political assholes are just too stupid/scared to admit it because they dont want folks like you to break down in tears. they also dont want to lose control over the sheeple. they also dont want their buddies in big pharma to NOT make billions more on the 931st booster of the 14th generation of the vaccine that doesnt prevent illness or transmission, to prevent us all from dying from the 89th variant and so on and so on.

would love to hear your take on why the FDA wants 55 years, yeah, that's right, YEARS, to respond produce all of the documents related to these vaccines. 55 years????? yeah, nothing to hide, uh, i mean see. move along.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post

That’s the beauty of this thread.

What’s not being said, what’s not being heard and a frightening lack of thinking.
                              one word: bicycle

Comment

would love to hear your take on why the FDA wants 55 years, yeah, that's right, YEARS, to respond produce all of the documents related to these vaccines. 55 years????? yeah, nothing to hide, uh, i mean see. move along.
                                Those who are deaf to science are doomed to live in fear TeeVee. So live in fear then.

As to Covid being "no longer a pandemic", I would suggest you look up the definition of 'pandemic', look up the death toll from the past week, look up the strain on hospitals from the past week, and then I would leave the room, reconciled to the futility of arguing with someone who is not living in reality. The little dot is the door closing behind me.

Comment

Working...
                                X