X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for TVee. Most of us seem to have gotten the message

https://www.aol.com/news/warning-u-c...soc_src=aolapp

Comment

• As stated earlier: The governor of the red state of Flyover refused to enact a statewide mandate. Conversely, there were mandates in some urban blue counties.

Virus waves seemed to hit rural flyover later, possibly due to lower population density causing slower transmission, and our not-so-busy airport still bringing in a number of germy New Yorkers to our fair city.

I haven’t seen anyone cite awesome statistics on how the areas fared much differently when waves ended…indeed, there was debate and declaration of how wrong the other side was…country hicks and elitist city slickers…by the way, aren’t TeeVee AND Bobby from one of those eggnernt, precaution-dismissing places?
      Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post

There certainly is a learning curve. On the base of that curve is the fact the antibiotics don't work against viruses. I think I learned that in 9th grade biology.

Ok, I see some evidence of a learning curve there, but you are making an awful lot of noise here to the contrary (i.e "masks don't work", etc).

once again you are showing your ignorance. one of the leading causes of death with covid is pneumonia. bacterial pneumonia to be specific. if you recall back to about may of 2020, some stubborn US doctors announced they had discovered the "miracle" drug that is cheap and will prevent a lot of covid death: dexamethasone (and other steroids). so these geniuses started giving it yet they failed to take into account that it beats back the immune system which allows opportunistic infections, the symptoms of which are somewhat masked by covid unless you do careful, daily blood tests and pay attention to the trends. they didnt do that. so people wound up living after covid and dying from plain old pneumonia (which for your ninth grade brain, is treated with anti-biotics, really expensive ones). my wife and mother-in-law both had delta and their disease progressed insanely rapidly and seriously. within 3 days my mother in law had 40% lung infiltration and my wife had 60% in 2 days! both were treated very aggressively outside of a hospital and both survived. under the supervision of a phenomenally good and definitely unconventional cuban doctor, i administered their treatments for ten days, 3 of which i myself had delta, albeit a mild course. so pleas dont even try to lecture me about this shit. we all wore masks all the time. we all stayed home unless absolutely necessary. 4 adults and 3 children all got it.

i'll say it again for the hard of hearing/learning impaired/ in denial people here: everyone on the planet will get this virus several times before it goes away from everyday life. hide all you want to. it will find you. get vaxed and stay healthy. wear your mask, but please dont tell me what to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
          TeeVee AND Bobby from one of those eggnernt, precaution-dismissing places?
          yes, and FL's numbers overall were not so good. but we did have fairly strict lockdown back in 2020. beaches and parks were closed. at one point in Miami-Dade county, you had to wear a mask on the sidewalk if others were close. mostly insane shit. the idea that while you are sitting in a restaurant you dont need a mask, but you do if you stand up. uh huh. science.

in philthadelphia i was sitting at a table on a public sidewalk outside a restaurant. phone rang and i stood up and walked a few feet away to take the call. still on the sidewalk. psycho waitress comes running over to me yelling at the top of her lungs to put on my mask or get kicked out. i said, huh? kicked out of the sidewalk? science.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
            Just for TVee. Most of us seem to have gotten the message

https://www.aol.com/news/warning-u-c...soc_src=aolapp
            ok....

“Hospital burden in regards to COVID-19 is still low compared to former waves, and mortality is low,” Søren Neermark, an official at the Danish Health Authority, went on to explain.

“Test-positive admitted in Denmark” — that is, the number of people who are hospitalized with COVID but not necessarily because of it — “reflects high incidence in society, but is not the best current indicator for the burden of COVID-19.”

"For one thing, they say, Denmark tests at nearly twice the U.K. rate — and more than six times the U.S. rate. That means, of course, that more COVID cases will be detected."

"But since Omicron tends to trigger less severe disease, they continue, and since so many Danes are vaccinated — 82 percent overall (including 95 percent of those over 50, 90 percent of whom have also been boosted) — relatively few of these cases are worth worrying about."

1. BB, did you bother to read this article? It appears to flip-flp but if ya bother to read through it, it makes some good points. i obviously agree with the Danes.
            2. See section i emboldened. I rest my case.

p.s. i will continue to wear my mask in crowded public places even though i'm vaxed and boosted and even if they lift the mandates.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
              Hey SCHMUCK! When was the last time you heard about a case of Smallpox??
              hey PUTZ! i cant say. i CAN say that smallpox was eradicated with a vaccine that worked. not one that merely prevented severe disease and death. and certainly not by mask mandates and lockdowns.

Comment

• Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                i'll say it again for the hard of hearing/learning impaired/ in denial people here: everyone on the planet will get this virus several times before it goes away from everyday life. hide all you want to. it will find you. get vaxed and stay healthy. wear your mask, but please dont tell me what to do.
                Are you saying “the virus is gonna virus”?
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

once again you are showing your ignorance. one of the leading causes of death with covid is pneumonia. bacterial pneumonia to be specific.
                  And once again, I'm really appalled at the misinformation people like yourself are feeding on. To begin with, it is difficult to distinguish viral pneumonia from bacterial pneumonia, however one reliable clue is in how it presents itself. Bacterial pneumonia is rapid-onset, within the first days of symptoms. Viral pneumonia presents after around a week or more of milder symptoms, where the patient suddenly takes a turn for the worse. The vast majority of Covid-19 deaths related to pneumonia have followed the latter path, being viral rather than bacterial in nature.

There are Covid-19 patients who have died from secondary bacterial infections or co-infections where the patient develops both viral and bacterial pneumonia. The numbers I've seen place this group between 8-15% of all cases involving pneumonia. That might be an under-estimate. That might be an over-estimate. Much is still unknown.

But this much is known: it is unequivocally dangerous to society to issue antibiotics to a large swath of the population as a prophylaxis against possible infection, as would have been the case with Covid-19. That danger of promoting drug-resistant bacteria easily outweighs any benefit it might have in saving individual lives.

This is why doctors do not prescribe antibiotics for viral infections, even though the viral infections could, in rare cases, enable secondary bacterial infections. Only when the symptoms present as bacterial infections are antibiotics used for treatment. The typical acute Covid-19 patients presented with viral, rather than bacterial onset. Therefore the early use of antibiotic treatments was not advised, and, in almost all cases, would not have been effective.

Comment

• Red-leaning talk radio persons say that people who had ‘rona have better immunity and should have gotten some credit in recently revoked Federal vaccine requirements…

Is this scientific?

Comment

Red-leaning talk radio persons say that people who had ‘rona have better immunity and should have gotten some credit in recently revoked Federal vaccine requirements…

Is this scientific?
                      That part of the science is empirical and evolving, but a study last August by the CDC concluded that unvaccinated people are 2.34 times more likely to become reinfected than vaccinated people who have previously had Covid. Another study in Washington state in December found that 60% of reinfections involved unvaccinated people. There's also many variables to the state of 'vaccinated' such as which vaccine (J&J is clearly inferior as a single dose) and the response of one's immune system to that vaccine (those with weakened immune systems, unhealthy people and those who drink heavily, for example, or use certain chronic medications will not respond as effectively to the vaccines). I suspect that a certain number of breakthrough infections might have even been the result of mishandled vaccine as well. That stuff is fragile.

What is badly needed is a widely available version of the Roche serology tests that were used in the vaccine trials. Those tests show how well the vaccination has worked in any specific individual by quantifying their resulting antibody titers. This does not seem to be anywhere near happening, however. So we have only this generic classification of 'vaccinated' applying to everyone who has had one, regardless of how well their vaccine response has worked. This makes it difficult to reach scientific conclusions.

I haven't seen any research that gives credence to the idea that natural infection gives a better immunity than the vaccines, however.

Comment

And once again, I'm really appalled at the misinformation people like yourself are feeding on. To begin with, it is difficult to distinguish viral pneumonia from bacterial pneumonia, however one reliable clue is in how it presents itself. Bacterial pneumonia is rapid-onset, within the first days of symptoms. Viral pneumonia presents after around a week or more of milder symptoms, where the patient suddenly takes a turn for the worse. The vast majority of Covid-19 deaths related to pneumonia have followed the latter path, being viral rather than bacterial in nature.

There are Covid-19 patients who have died from secondary bacterial infections or co-infections where the patient develops both viral and bacterial pneumonia. The numbers I've seen place this group between 8-15% of all cases involving pneumonia. That might be an under-estimate. That might be an over-estimate. Much is still unknown.

But this much is known: it is unequivocally dangerous to society to issue antibiotics to a large swath of the population as a prophylaxis against possible infection, as would have been the case with Covid-19. That danger of promoting drug-resistant bacteria easily outweighs any benefit it might have in saving individual lives.

This is why doctors do not prescribe antibiotics for viral infections, even though the viral infections could, in rare cases, enable secondary bacterial infections. Only when the symptoms present as bacterial infections are antibiotics used for treatment. The typical acute Covid-19 patients presented with viral, rather than bacterial onset. Therefore the early use of antibiotic treatments was not advised, and, in almost all cases, would not have been effective.
                        and now, the incomparable evan has a medical degree!!! hahahahahaha. you've not the first effin idea what youre talking about. i'm sure you opened a browser and googled what you think are the right search terms, read a few studies or papers you THINK you understand, read some numbers, and thought you had enough to prove me wrong. hahahaha classicaly evan and classicaly WRONG.

you are ridiculously uninformed and ignorant. you paraphrase crap you googled and expect the world to accept your gospel. when you have a medical degree and 22 years of clinical experience treating human patients, come back and talk smack. until then, stay in your little hole with your mask on. please dont leave home lest you risk infecting yourself and others. in fact, i heard the new variant can be transmitted via broadband so you should shut off all of your devices.

i'm som happy you addressed your faux pas in starting this thread. youre so arrogant you cant even admit you made a mistake. oh wait, youre GOD. you dont make mistakes and are never wrong. silly me...

Comment

I haven't seen any research that gives credence to the idea that natural infection gives a better immunity than the vaccines, however.
                          GOD HATH SPOKEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Are you saying “the virus is gonna virus”?
                            you stumped me here bud.

Comment

you stumped me here bud
                              It’s a simplified, sarcastic summary statement: In spite of all of our efforts, the virus is probably going to do as viruses do…spread and infect widely.

…Except for Evan who lives in a bubble and is ready to mandate a bicycle ban because they have a non-zero fatality rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bubble Boy
                                ***This makes it difficult to reach scientific conclusions.

Two very cool things here. One logical and one psychological.

1. You state that there isn’t a clear answer.

THEREFORE a prior infection may provide good protection.

2. But in your use of the bolded “any” you tip
                                your hand to a creepy, religious infatuation with the official policy of the politburo.

And regardless of your infatuation, we again have the government doing things under the guise of science when the science doesn’t exist, as proven by the Evan-End-All, black and white literature review (Jetphotos.com, 2/2022).

Comment

Working...
                                X