Second Turnback This Week Due to Unruly Pax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 3WE View Post
    But, also. as stated, too many times, there was too much marketing and politics involved…from day 1. We had an election to win!
    And both sides won! It's remarkable what a pandemic can do to politics.

As for Bobby, I predict this thread will end before the pandemic does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Evan View Post

Did you even read that? It tells about how the CDC director was revisiting the mask ADVICE due to NEW INFORMATION coming from the Chinese CDC about asymptomatic transmission. That is not ineptitude but quite the opposite: that is vigilance and adaptation.

You seem to forget that this is a NOVEL coronavirus. That means it is a brand new threat that we haven’t encountered before. Health agencies can only react based on knowledge as it evolves. And that is exactly what the CDC did.

Remember the Republican mantra of ‘flip-flopping’? They would launch this spear at anyone who ever reconsidered their position on anything. The conservative opinion was that, once one has formed a position, no amount of evolution or new information should ever alter that position. This is very telling. ‘Flip-flopping’ is part of the intellectual and scientific process whereas ‘Stay the Course’ is stubborn adherence to past ignorance.

So let us express our gratitude to the CDC for ‘flip-flopping’ as our understanding of the virus evolved. They saved countless lives by doing so.

But you do believe a judge should bend over forwards to strike down a health protection measure by the Center for Disease Control during the most deadly pandemic in living history involving a virus we are still struggling to understand.

The mind reels…
      i knew you would cherry pick those articles while ignoring their overall import.

Fauci--the FACE of the government and a man that was held out to be THE god of infectious diseases the COVID czar (after some other czars failed miserably), flip-flopped publicly. the masses are asses (including some right here) and they dont understand or have the patience to do fact finding/reading on their own. our society has devolved into sound-bite consuming morons. the CDC never bothered to tell people in plain terms that they did NOT know. rather, they sent out blurbs of babble and expected ignorant people to figure it out.

there was no reason, medical or not, to believe that this coronavirus would be anything but deadly, since we knew VERY early that it was killing people. the smart thing to do would have been to take decisive and strict measures right from the start instead of waffling. however, even though it meant life or death, every govt agency was still bound to follow the LAW. and there is a way to follow the law without waiting 30 days. Medicare managed to follow it and its rules were not struck down, yet the CDC did not and its rules were. that is life in a law abiding country.

your position is contrarian. on the one hand you want the govt to take care of you, protect you from everything, things it can only do by using existing, constitutionally enacted laws and rules. yet, when the govt abides by other constitutionally enacted laws and rules you claim the govt is corrupt and broken.

whether you like it or not, america has never been and likely will never be a country of conformists/sheeple, with the exception of people like you of course. we were rebellious from the start and likely will always be.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
        Hey Admin, how about just shut this thread down.
        how about you stop reading it, and allow the rest of us to have public discourse on a topic we clearly want to keep discussing?

Comment

• Two headlines:

It’s estimated that 60% of us had it.

VP Harris is positive and asymptomatic.

Precautions be damned.

The virus hath virused.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

• At risk of triggering TeeVee , I saw an interesting compare-contrast:

We are still removing belts and shoes out of fear of bombers, but TO HELL with masks.

But if you look at the death tolls from them all, something might be out of whack.

Just another angle on things.
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

At risk of triggering TeeVee , I saw an interesting compare-contrast:

We are still removing belts and shoes out of fear of bombers, but TO HELL with masks.

But if you look at the death tolls from them all, something might be out of whack.

Just another angle on things.
              Should we stop the belts and shoes thing? I mean, Jihadists are gonna jihad...

Comment

In my experience, only the US (and India) still does shoes and belts.

Comment

And kids on bicycles are going to crash.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

In my experience, only the US (and India) still does shoes and belts.
                    Been to Luxembourg lately? Even in the crew line!

Comment

And kids on bicycles are going to crash.
                      And TeeVee is still going to be a putz.

Comment

• I think it’s time we got rid of seatbelts. I mean, planes are gonna plane. The odds of being hospitalized by clear air turbulence are certainly lower than by Covid right now.

And remind me why we banned smoking on flights… Ah, I remember, it was done by a Senate appointed subcommittee out of concern for public health. The nerve!

So let’s get rid of that too. We deserve to fly unbelted while honking on a cancer stick. Because Cancer’s gonna cancer, and we are a nation of webels, and ‘Freedoms’ (TM)

Comment

• Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

Been to Luxembourg lately?
                          Not yet.

Comment

I think it’s time we got rid of seatbelts. I mean, planes are gonna plane. The odds of being hospitalized by clear air turbulence are certainly lower than by Covid right now.
                            I'm not sure that's true. I would say the odds of being hospitalized from CAT on an airplane are greater than catching hospitalization-worthy Covid on an airplane. Or any covid on an airplane, for that matter.

Comment

• funny you mentioned the shoe thing. not 3 days ago, one of my friends asked me what i thought about it considering i fly so much. (1) with tsa pre-bullshit i very rarely have to remove my shoes. (2) think about this: one guy, TWENTY-ONE years ago tried to light his shoe bomb in an airplane and said shoes contained a small amount of explosive material, apart from the usual toe cheese nastiness. ONE GUY. ONE TIME. it took the tsa FIVE YEARS to require shoe removal and xray, which DOES NOT detect explosives, rather, the tsa is relying on the very same people that MISS 96% of test contraband to determine if the shoes have been "altered." i mean, HOLY SHIT!!!! wtf did they wait five years for? imagine the enormous risk they put us all under.

ONE GUY. ONE TIME. UNSUCCESSFUL. 21 years ago, and the rest of the world will suffer for an eternity.

while the conventional definition of terrorism is the use or threat of violence, i define it is successfully inciting fear in your victims. well, they won.

i'm not an expert but i think the sniffer machines do a far better job than the morons staring at screens in detecting explosives.

Comment

Working...
                              X