Hawaiian A332 teaches dozens of pax a painful lesson about personal freedom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
    And you wonder why I hardly ever did pax flights at Atlas? Let's see, boxes don't bitch, boxes don't get drunk, boxes don't need to be fed, boxes don't walk around. You want me to continue?
    Yes, we want to know more. Do boxes pee and poo and threaten to ventilate the pistol if not allowed to go to the loo while the seat belt sign is on?

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

And you wonder why I hardly ever did pax flights at Atlas? Let's see, boxes don't bitch, boxes don't get drunk, boxes don't need to be fed, boxes don't walk around. You want me to continue?
      Tell us how often you would lounge about without a safety belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Is it really not against the law, though? Not sure if directly in a law or in a CFR, but I assume that not complying with a CFR is against the law.

Complying with crew instructions and posted signs is REQUIRED. So if there is a sign posted in every seat saying "fasten seatbelt while seated" and you do not comply, it has to be some kind of violation, which I assume is punishable. If the captain turns on the sign and a recording says "The captain has turned the seat belt sign on, return to your seat and fasten your seatbelt" and you do not do so, it has to be some kind of violation which I assume is punishable. These are not violations against company policy. They are violations against either a law or a code of federal regulations.

Whether it is enforced with any consistency or not is a different question.
        well, the catch all about not listening to flight crew i believe is more a civil infraction than a crime. and i doubt that anywhere in the cfr it says that potty usage is prohibited when the seatbelt sign is lit. having said that, i would bet lots of money that no judge is going to impose a civil penalty because your bladder was bursting or you had to crap and couldnt hold it.

Comment

I doubt that a pilot would turn on the sign and say that you may go to the restroom. Even if in case of need they let you do it, I don't think that they would say so in advance.[/LIST]
          have heard it countless times. the point is, it's a rule but not a hard and fast one. we all know that fa's wander around aimlessly during taxing and only very rarely, if ever, sit down cuz the sign is lit. hell, they walk around and serve hot coffee all the damn time!

Comment

Complying with crew instructions and posted signs is REQUIRED. So if there is a sign posted in every seat saying "fasten seatbelt while seated" and you do not comply, it has to be some kind of violation, which I assume is punishable.
            In Wallaesa v Federal Aviation Administration, 824 F.3d 1071 (DC Cir. 2016), the FAA sought a civil penalty against a male passenger for both (a) ignoring seatbelt signs and (b) non-compliance with flight attendants' instructions. In litigation, the FAA took the position that while the passenger had violated the seatbelt rule, that violation "did not merit a penalty". However, the non-compliance with flight attendants' instructions did merit a penalty, and this was subsequently enforced by tribunal review.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

Tell us how often you would lounge about without a safety belt.
              In a seat, belt on.

Comment

And pilots don't "lounge". The "adopt a contemplative state, simultaneously exuding authority".
                Be alert! America needs more lerts.

Eric Law

Comment

In a seat, belt on.
                  Fat dumb and happy, But not that dumb.

Comment

Notice the difference?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Notice the difference?
                      Yes, The top one looks more glamorous

Come on, the uniform is half the reason I wanted to be an airline pilot.

Comment

Comment

True, the chicks really do go for a man in uniform don't they?

Comment

Working...
                          X