Safety?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safety?

Dr Vishwaraj Vemala was on a flight to India when a passenger went into cardiac arrest

what is absolutely amazing is they flew for FIVE BLOODY HOURS, entirely over land, with a critical patient. based on more recent flight info, if they worked on the guy for 5 hours of an 8 hour flight, they were either over or very close to turkey and in my estimation should have diverted.

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-birmingham-64153674

what is absolutely amazing is they flew for FIVE BLOODY HOURS, entirely over land, with a critical patient. based on more recent flight info, if they worked on the guy for 5 hours of an 8 hour flight, they were either over or very close to turkey and in my estimation should have diverted.
    Well thank you Doctor for your medical opinion. Maybe you should stick to defending parking tickets.

Comment

maybe you should stick to your fading memories of your glorious career flying boxes...

i spent 15 years working as a paramedic in what was then the world's busiest EMS system--NYC. in that time i aided 1000's pf people and successfully resuscitated over 30 people. i'm also aware of the kit airlines have on board as i've used it twice. the care resuscitated people need cannot be adequately provided on board.

so while you should stick to forgetting about how aircraft brakes work, i am certainly qualified to opine that air india's decision to continue flying for 5 hours after the guy was resuscitated the first time was unbelievably reckless, if not criminal.

Comment

Does one need another reason not to fly on the worlds crappiest airline. Either you are getting pissed on in Business Class, your get severe hygienic issues or you just die. Horrible

Comment

Oh no! People are citing credentials.

I’ll join the crap stirring as I envision the pilots executing a procedural decision tree vs some basic common sense: Cardiac arrest, LAND at the earliest reasonable airport!

CVR: Get the medical emergency QRH checklist…1) Call dispatch…2) Ask them to summon the on-call (non MD) medical advisor. (10 min average response time). 3) contemplate severe ass chewings if you divert.
          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
            crap stirring
            We may Not_have credentials on that, but do have verifiable experience .
            "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Originally posted by Not_Karl View Post
              We may Not_have credentials on that, but do have verifiable experience .
              Concur and Indeed.
              Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

In other news, I’m reading recommendations on for masks for this latest variant.

Maybe we should question TeeVee about risk levels of infections versus on-board cardiac arrest?

Also, my conspiracy-minded friends have hinted at links between vaccines and cardiac problems like those described in this incident.

Comment

In other news, I’m reading recommendations on for masks for this latest variant.

Maybe we should question TeeVee about risk levels of infections versus on-board cardiac arrest?

Also, my conspiracy-minded friends have hinted at links between vaccines and cardiac problems like those described in this incident.
                  cuz we haven't beaten that dead horse enough...

since i've had covid 3 times i guess that doesn't make me an expert, but i think it's safe to say that the research (no, i wont cite any) shows that since delta gave way to omicron #1, all of the 200 variants since then have become progressively less deadly, but also progressively more contagious. the common cold is also very contagious.

and that's all i say about it for now.

Comment

Indeed.

Comment

So, it’s important to save a single vulnerable life while inconveniencing an entire flight because every life is precious but asking us to inconvenience ourselves by wearing a mask on board for the same reason is asking too much of us. Good argument.

Comment

[QUOTE=TeeVee;n1152317]"Since i've had covid 3 times i guess that doesn't make me an expert."[/QUOTE
                        No, it makes you a bigger idiot than I thought you were!

And then you brag about it! Schmuck !

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post
                          Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
                          "Since i've had covid 3 times i guess that doesn't make me an expert."
                          No, it makes you a bigger idiot than I thought you were!

And then you brag about it! Schmuck !

I don’t think he was bragging. I think it’s called statistics.

Here’s a high tech epidemiology model for you: Big ass numbers times other numbers tend to = numbers greater than zero. Sometimes even 3.

But, please go back to your sterile bubble and stay off of bicycles.

I was thinking we should build screening facilities at all airports and test everyone for all known serious communicable illnesses, and ban passengers from entering airports if they fail. However, airlines will need to enact much better cancellation forgiveness than they currently have.

Comment

I was thinking we should build screening facilities at all airports and test everyone for all known serious communicable illnesses, and ban passengers from entering airports if they fail.
                            I seem to remember a time before people did this so predictably, this witless rejoinder that amplifies a perfectly wise and reasonable proposition into a hyperbolic and entirely ridiculous one. "We should wash our hands before meals" becomes "I suppose we should strip naked and scrub ourselves with bleach before every bite." The purpose, of course, is not to present a compelling counter argument, but rather to avoid the argument altogether. It is therefore the rhetorical tactic of those who oppose any deviation or adaptation from the status quo, and thus any improvement or evolution such deviation or adaptation might bring. It is, in short, a tactic exclusively reserved for the deadweight of civilization whom we must drag along behind us as we proceed from slinging feces to putting miraculous telescopes into deep space orbit. Give that some thought before posting any more rhetorical overkill or innane bicycle comments. It reveals you.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post

I seem to remember a time before people did this so predictably, this witless rejoinder that amplifies a perfectly wise and reasonable proposition into a hyperbolic and entirely ridiculous one. "We should wash our hands before meals" becomes "I suppose we should strip naked and scrub ourselves with bleach before every bite." The purpose, of course, is not to present a compelling counter argument, but rather to avoid the argument altogether. It is therefore the rhetorical tactic of those who oppose any deviation or adaptation from the status quo, and thus any improvement or evolution such deviation or adaptation might bring. It is, in short, a tactic exclusively reserved for the deadweight of civilization whom we must drag along behind us as we proceed from slinging feces to putting miraculous telescopes into deep space orbit. Give that some thought before posting any more rhetorical overkill or innane bicycle comments. It reveals you.
                              Oooo, big words.

It does not fix your inability to comprehend that itty bitty viruses and bacteria reproduce at incredible numbers and sometimes spread, and mutate in spite of you and your mask.

As I said to Bobby, please remain in your sterile bubble and avoid bicycles.

The rest of us will live in ecological currents and eddies with invasive, symbiotic, deleterious and gray-area-in-between microbes.

It does seem reasonable to land a plane for a cardiac arrest, though…but I guess the procedure said otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                              X