Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
    dont tell evan...

another runway near miss, this time at BOS, with a lear jet taking off after being instructed to wait for landing cross-traffic. maybe they need to install moving barriers that lift up out the tarmac to prevent this type of thing. whaddaya think evan?
    Maybe they should ban private aircraft at commercial airports.

Comment

given your proclivities, maybe they should ban commercial aircraft at commercial aircraft...

Comment

My proclivity is that they shouldn’t mix commercial aviation with general aviation at the same airport. There is an inequity of safety culture and training requirements, not to mention speeds and equipment, that can—and has—led to disaster.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
          they should ban private aircraft
          Concur.

Originally posted by TeeVee View Post
          they should ban commercial aircraft
          CONCUR.
          "I know that at times I can be a little over the top." -ITS

Comment

Tenerif... AUSTIN!
            Gabe, are you kidding me? [dt. nach 22 Uhr: Du versuchst nicht gerade mich zu verarschen?]

This night still is long enough, especially after all what I saw earlier that night, but that's only one story about deviation, and your story about deviation could be the next.
            To all writers here in this topic, you're all invited to my 'stories about deviation' topic.

And thanx to Not_Karl for his +1 in my 747 topic, but I have to admit, not one photo in that rather trending topic was made by myself.

This night still is long enough to make a list of all airports that I've ever mentioned here on this beautiful platform, or, also, that I had under my fingers with Scruffy Ducks Airport Design Editor (ADE)

between Lohausen International, Los Rodeos Tenerife Norte,

and Austin.

No idea why you mention Austin. But I could imagine, when I finish my ADE version of Austin, based on aerial images, then it might look quite beautiful,
            fully operable, and optimized for orbx Vector.

Back on topic.
            Last edited by LH-B744; 2023-03-11, 03:27. Reason: Who can you ask for a 2022 version of Los Rodeos.
            The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
            The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
            And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
            This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

This animated reconstruction depicts the sequence of events in a runway incursion that occurred at Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS), Austin, Texa...

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
              --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Hi my friend. Tell me, Do you know something here in this forum which would prevent you from posting forum entries which are let's say longer than 150 or 200 words?

Obviously you don't (not here in your number 15). But I do.

Comment

Obviously my account is broken. I always get an error 403 when my entry does contain more than 150 words (!) .

Comment

And I am not able to edit. That also ends in an error 403.

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744 View Post
                      Obviously my account is broken. I always get an error 403 when my entry does contain more than 150 words (!) .

I've never found problems with long post (other than people complaining of my long posts, that is).
                      However, I have found that there is a list of forbidden words.
                      I mean, I don't have the list, but i is evident that the list exists.

It happens to me, let's say a couple of times per year, that a post would not go through and, after rewording it, it would go through.
                      At some point I started investigating which were the " blacklisted" words in this way:
                      When I had this issue, I copied the whole comment in Notepad (or anything), divided the comment in sections, and then tried to post one section. If the first section went through correctly, I would edit and add the second section, and so on until adding a section would result in the error. Then I would divide that problematic section in individual sentences until I found the "offending" sentence, and then I would try adding one word of that sentence at a time until I found the offending word.

With this technique I was able to find so far 2 words of that list:
                      5leep (or any word containing that, like 5leeping)
                      benchm4rk​
                      I intentionally replaced one letter with a number to avoid getting the error

I posted a comment in the site help forum (the last one at the bottom) and the crew first said that I was crazy, that they didn't have such list, and when I proved it to them they said that ok, that list evidently exist but they are not aware of it, and when I asked them to fix it thy said they would put the request at the bottom of the priorities for the developers (subtle way of saying that they will never fix it).​

So my guess is that your post contained one of the forbidden words, be it one of the 2 above or another "mystery" one. I encourage you to use the technique I explained to find it.​

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                      --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

I've never found problems with long post (other than people complaining of my long posts, that is).
                        But you must say the truth, I've never complained of rather long posts. How could I . I myself am a victim of a so called felt duty to write rather long posts.

And another thing is also true, when you or Alex is online, my problems seem to vanish as if they've never been present.... (!)

PS: To my cat, probably he is the real master of long posts. So, only when Tenerife or Alex is online, all my knobs are also again working.
                        And that includes 'upload attachment'?

Ahm and about the words which by definition are sorted out by the KI... A few days ago I said that I like Mr Winston Wolf and his Acura,
                        and I used the f word without censorship.

And the KI has a brain to remember that?
                        Last edited by LH-B744; 2024-06-09, 01:49. Reason: The KI is FSK 6, but I am FSK 16 .

Comment

When making a list, you still cannot post the number 8 followed by “)” because it thinks it is the sunglasses emoji. This is probably Boeing’s fault.

Comment

When making a list, you still cannot post the number 8 followed by “)” because it thinks it is the sunglasses emoji. This is probably Boeing’s fault.
                            Undoubtedly!

Comment

My proclivity is that they shouldn’t mix commercial aviation with general aviation at the same airport. There is an inequity of safety culture and training requirements, not to mention speeds and equipment, that can—and has—led to disaster.
                              Inequity?

Comment

Originally posted by ATLcrew View Post

Inequity?
                                Disparity would have been a better word there. Fire my editor.

However, private aviation operating out of large commercial airports is mostly reserved for an elite class of society, and they enjoy less demanding training and equipment requirements and less stringent safety restrictions than commercial aviation. I mean, just look at Hans Solo.

Inequity in the larger sense is also a certain recipe for disaster, but that's for another forum.

Comment

Working...
                                X