Some Inspiration for BoeingBobby

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Inspiration for BoeingBobby

Łukasz Czepiela, a Polish A320 captain and Red Bull aerobatics pilot, lands a cub on the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah hotel helipad. But, big deal, it had a posh electrical system (and brakes, I assume). And then he takes off again.

My father told me when he began his flight training in the USAF, they taught him how to practically hover under strong headwinds in the cub.

But this is some next level cowboy sh*t. I hope he likes it nice and boring on the A320.

Pilot Luke Czepiela lands an aeroplane on the world famous helipad on top of the Burj Al Arab Jumeirah, the iconic seven-star hotel in Dubai. To land on the ...

Couple of people have sent me this already of course. And it's all over the Cub site.
    Not a real Cub and really stupid.

Comment

Well, you get enough Red Bull in you and the stupid becomes obligatory.

Comment

Originally posted by Evan View Post
        Well, you get enough Red Bull in you and the stupid becomes obligatory.

Comment

I do recall a particularly windy day at Fairoaks, near to Heathrow. It was so windy that flying lessons were grounded but it didn’t stop a Tiger Moth pilot from being seen to fly backwards in the strong winds. His landing was interesting to say the least. He had to be towed back to the hangar with two wing handlers holding the wingtips down, it was far too dangerous to taxi under power.
          If it 'ain't broken........ Don't try to mend it !

Comment

Well I remember my days as a flight instructor in C-172's and the few days in the Pacific Northwest where the wind was blowing down the runway at over 50 its. I would full flaps and fly the runway at 50ft and call my FBO to have my boss look out the door to see his crazy pilot almost stopped over the runway.

Comment

I just have fun whether the wind is blowing or not. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230408_193352_236.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	151.5 KB
ID:	1158326

Comment

That appears to be greater than 30 degrees and below 300 feet.
                Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
                  That appears to be greater than 30 degrees and below 300 feet.
                  Optical illusion from the lens.

Comment

Originally posted by BoeingBobby View Post

Right, because in reality it was greater than 60 degrees below 30 ft

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
                    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by Gabriel View Post

Right, because in reality it was greater than 60 degrees below 30 ft
                      Naaa, I would NEVER do anything like that!

Comment

Naaa, I would NEVER do anything like that!
                        I would draw a hard line at 90 degs below 18 feet.

Comment

Rejected: Cropping, clutter, back-lit, sharpening, color balance, haze and should be night category.

Actually, it’s a really nice photo and I like it. Maybe a tad off from 1/3-2/3 composition.
                          Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230416-WA0002.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	161.0 KB
ID:	1158684 Okay boys, let me have it!

Comment

Normally we might remark on a potentially dangerous bank angle but it it appears that this is due to a left aileron explosion (is that in the QRH?) .

Comment

Working...
                              X