F.A.O.: LH-B744

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F.A.O.: LH-B744

Perhaps you need to change your Userid to LH-A380?

https://www.boston.com/travel/flight...top-is-boston/

Notice to Vnav, ATL, Eric and Cape Airways: Caution, wake turbulence…
    Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Or Boutique Air's PC-12

--- Judge what is said by the merits of what is said, not by the credentials of who said it. ---
    --- Defend what you say with arguments, not by imposing your credentials ---

Comment

Originally posted by 3WE View Post
      Perhaps you need to change your Userid to LH-A380?

https://www.boston.com/travel/flight...top-is-boston/

Notice to Vnav, ATL, Eric and Cape Airways: Caution, wake turbulence…
      Hm. Have you ever asked Gabriel to change his nickname? Right. So why should I?

My first question would have been, is boston dot com a trustworthy source. But after two minutes, I had the idea, my friend 3WE, as long as you and me are trustworthy,
      since more or less 15 years,
      all the sources which we mention are also trustworthy.

Within the 'quote' marks I have read what the real topic here is, and we're lucky that we all are able to also read between the lines... For all who read the jetphotos platform, but who still wonder what I'm talkin about... Let me partly publish your complete weblink, 3WE:
      lufthansa-is-bringing-back-the-airbus-a380-and-its-first-stop-is-boston
      Well, how many forum entries do I have to answer your idea, 3WE.
      1. We both know that I'm here since more or less 15 years. That does include a time when the LH-A388 was not yet ready to fly, e.g. the years 2008 and 2009.
      2. I didn't start my being as an aviation enthusiast only when I became a jetphotos member. I was a visitor at the 2005 LeBourget Air Show (in Paris, France), when the A380 made one of his first flights.
      3. Nevertheless, here at my home airport I am an aviation enthusiast since let's say 40 years or more.

Thus, when I became a jetphotos member, I tried to find a nickname which already in the year 1978 existed. Now, if you know something about the 747, you could now intervene.
      The 747-400 doesn't exist since 1978, you're right.

Theoretically, "LH-B742" would fit much better for me, with INS (Inertial Navigation), and without so many computer systems that might let us ignore that,
      e.g. the ANC VOR has been replaced by TED, only as an example. Thank God, also in a Randazzo B744, you n me are still able to have two VORs on the screen.

And now, not really back on topic, but rather back on my quotation above..
      The German long haul is alive, 65 years and still kicking.
      The Gold Member in the 747 club, 50 years since the first LH 747.
      And constantly advanced, 744 and 748 /w upper and lower EICAS.
      This is Lohausen International airport speaking, echo delta delta lima.

Comment

Ahm. I still don't know how to say it, and here in my #3 I really tried to be polite, but. If you ask me, I am too old to be a LH-A388 enthusiast.

The LH-A388 first flight was back in the year 2010, so, clearly later than when I became I jetphotos member. And I don't know if I should publish that, back then in 2010,
        I celebrated my 32nd birthday..... ......... ...

@ 3WE. Can't we find a younger jetphotos member who now and today sings a hymn for the Airbus A380?

At least spontaneously, I'd rather continue with my nickname, so, Back on topic (!):

Taxing to RWY 22R for her departure. D-ABVW. Boeing 747-430. JetPhotos.com is the biggest database of aviation photographs with over 5 million screened photos online!

The only colors who are valid since 1970 for such a beautiful Lufthansa bird. On one of the very very very Classic
        International airports where 747s happen.

Comment

Ahm. Before one or two flags are set here. According to 3WE, here the topic is 'LH-B744'. But I'm also long enough here to no longer insist on what is obviously not true.

Here again the real topic, what 3WE forgot to mention in the topic title:
          lufthansa-is-bringing-back-the-airbus-a380-and-its-first-stop-is-boston
          I have found another source for the true topic here, the 'LH-A388', a source which is incomplete as long as you don't pay 1 Eurodollar (and that somehow reminds me of Las Vegas...... !):
          Die Lufthansa holt den Airbus A380 vom Flugzeugfriedhof zurück. Die zweistöckige Legende wird mit einem aberwitzigen Aufwand für den Linienverkehr wieder flottgemacht. Aus Sicht der Airline sind sie eine Art Lückenbüßer. Dabei spricht eigentlich viel dagegen.

Without payment only visible within the first four lines. What If .. I said, you must give me 1 $, or you can only read the first three lines of all my forum entries?

Stupid, insane, unreal, and I'd accept all these words, because I know a company who doesn't take 1$ for company news. A company who still is my favorite airline of all times,
          although the A388 is not really my topic. Here it is, without payment and without registration, open for everyone on this planet (in German, but I can translate).

So, with the support of Alex, who is allowed to look on my fingers during the German translation:
          "The LH-A388 returns back into the air in summer 2023.
          Due to strongly increased demand of Lufthansa flights and due to delayed delivery of years before already ordered new Lufthansa jets,
          LH reactivates a few of her Airbus A380 jets.
          14 (in words: fourteen) LH-A388 are still on the list within the Lufthansa Group, but six of them are already sold.
          Thus, 8 LH-A388 stay within the Lufthansa fleet: 73 meters long, 24 meters high, and with 509 Lufthansa passenger seats.
          [...]"
          published by Lufthansa, June 27th 2022.

PS: And now 3WE likes to hear my comment? Well. In my eyes it all raises and falls with the LH CEO, Chief Flight Captain C. Spohr, who after all what we've learned here in this topic,
          is not only an active Lufthansa A320 Flight Captain, but he must also be a 747 enthusiast. Which makes me one of his biggest fans, as I confess.
          Spohr seems to be a 747 enthusiast, not without to forget that every major airline is big enough for Boeing, and for Airbus. Spohr was also the man who said, Lufthansa is again good
          for the B737, and I second him. Not only because he's born in Wanne-Eickel. We can't really concentrate on only one mode of transportation, we need ALL, ships, jets, propellers, trams, buses, trains, cars, mopped, and everything that you could imagine: Boeing, Beech, Cessna, Airbus, Embraer, all!

Comment

Originally posted by LH-B744
            [A Gabrillian number of words]
            3BS Summary:

”Hell no! I am not changing my userid because Lufthansa has chosen to operate a cheap FBW composite cracker box, that will never equal a Boeing 747-436A”

Concur?
            Les règles de l'aviation de base découragent de longues périodes de dur tirer vers le haut.

Comment

WTF are you even about? Lufthansa is putting a few 380's back in service, not replacing the 747's with 380's. I foresee Lufthansa operating their 19 748's for a long while to come.

If LH-B744 needs to start thinking about a new handle, it's gonna be LH-B748, not LH-A380.

Comment

Working...
              X